PDA

View Full Version : ot- gamers

tank o tang
05/18/2009, 10:28 AM
Call me an idiot but I will be one of those people waiting in line for the midnight release of the UFC game tonight. I am hooked on the demo and cant wait to play online.

Wheel of Time
05/18/2009, 06:48 PM
LOL :D

I wont be in line for it tonight, but I wont be far behind, that is for sure. Im going out to LA for the big E3 convention in a couple weeks -- Im sure I will get tons of free games there. hands down the best video game event. I love my job!!!

Gooch79
05/18/2009, 07:11 PM
I like some games every now and then, I used to be more into the computer games but now my computer isnt good enough for the new games coming out. I got an xbox360 last september but I havent really played a game on it that kept my attention for any long period of time. I typically will get the EA NHL series game when it comes out each year and maybe a select few others.

Worst game buying experience in the last year for me was Fable 2.

RTMA
05/18/2009, 07:25 PM
Fable 2 was bad? I kinda ignored it since I had Fallout 3. Haven't played it in a few months, I have a habit of playing 80% through and never finishing (see GTA4...). Although I played the Pearl Jam Ten album for Rock Band 2 over and over and over... The commercial for the UFC game looks tempting.

Kdocimo90
05/18/2009, 09:06 PM
COD4 & GOW1 > ALL OTHER XBOX GAMES
Although if you're up for an awesome sci fi game, I HIGHLY recommend Dead Space

tank o tang
05/19/2009, 09:32 AM
Fallout3 was one of the best games I've played in a long time. UFC is good but seems to be very laggy in 2 player and online.

Gooch79
05/19/2009, 09:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15035355#post15035355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RTMA
Fable 2 was bad? I kinda ignored it since I had Fallout 3. Haven't played it in a few months, I have a habit of playing 80% through and never finishing (see GTA4...). Although I played the Pearl Jam Ten album for Rock Band 2 over and over and over... The commercial for the UFC game looks tempting.

Fable wasnt really bad, it was just average. The biggest problem was the hype that it got made it out to be like it was something a lot bigger than it was. Like I said I bought it and I beat it within 2 days and after that I had no real desire to play it again. Everything was way too easy and if you try as another style of fighter there is nothing really all that different with the exception of 1 area where you get different quests based on good or evil.

Money in the game was way too easy to obtain. You can get a job in the game and after working at that "job" for a very short period of time you can make enough to buy a few businesses to get the money rolling in.

My mistake was to Buy Fable 2 and only Rent Fallout 3. It should've been the other way around. Fallout 3 was a much better game and I milked the rental as long as I could before Blockbuster was calling about it. I beat the game, but there was still much more I could've done and now with the expansions they released for it makes it seem even more interesting.

Gooch79
05/19/2009, 09:40 AM
Lately I started playing Medieval II Total War on my computer. It barely is able to play on this computer and often gets too hot (laptop). I'd love to buy Empire Total War but I know that def won't run on this machine.

Those are the types of games I really like. The strategy/history simulators.

I also used to play World of Warcraft for a good while. It was highly addictive and an amazing game.

RTMA
05/19/2009, 11:32 AM
I played WOW for a few years and the original Everquest before that. Way too addictive and a HUGE time sink. Thank god I have no desire to go back. I could do 10 water changes in the time it took to do one raid, including actually making the water :)

I agree Fallout 3 is awesome, I gotta finish that one. I'll take a look at Dead Space. Although believe it or not, one of my faves is the newer version of Railroad Tycoon. Maybe that explains why I keep planning my sump plumbing over and over again.

If you like simulators, I'm sure you have already played Age of Empires / Mythology...

Gooch79
05/19/2009, 06:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15039076#post15039076 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RTMA
I played WOW for a few years and the original Everquest before that. Way too addictive and a HUGE time sink. Thank god I have no desire to go back. I could do 10 water changes in the time it took to do one raid, including actually making the water :)

I agree Fallout 3 is awesome, I gotta finish that one. I'll take a look at Dead Space. Although believe it or not, one of my faves is the newer version of Railroad Tycoon. Maybe that explains why I keep planning my sump plumbing over and over again.

If you like simulators, I'm sure you have already played Age of Empires / Mythology...

I used to be really into Age of Empires and AOE II back in the day. Though, I am more interested in the strategy single player games rather than the RTS multiplayer games.

Man those WoW raids killed me too. After my son was born I quit and never went back. I just don't have the sheer length of uninterrupted time required to do it anymore. If it was more of a casual thing that would be one thing but for the most part decent guilds all had some sort of attendance requirement and if I ever did decide to join in on a raid where I did have some time I would be completely last on the list to get some loot. Nuts to that.

I have considered picking up the expansion though to see what it's like to play as a death knight, or to see the new zones. The one great thing about the game is the discovering things for the first time aspect of that. Once you get to the top level and have seen everything things tend to become more like a grind than the original level up was.

Kdocimo90
05/19/2009, 07:18 PM
OMG AGE OF EMPIRES
*BigDaddy*
*E=MCsquared*

(those are cheats by the way :))

RTMA
05/19/2009, 10:21 PM
AOE was great, online games lasted 4 ever. Wasn't big daddy the code for the Knight Rider car? lol.

I used to really like Half-Life TFC and played that and Q3 online a lot. I tried the new one with the Orange Box on my 360 but couldn't really get into it again.

Brett, We'll have to get online and play a NHL 09 game. Pens vs my Rangers, but something tells me Crosby and Malkin will be too much to handle for King Henrik...yet again.

Kdocimo90
05/19/2009, 10:25 PM
Big daddy was the code for the black convertible with the rocket launcher :)

Gooch79
05/20/2009, 07:28 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15043036#post15043036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RTMA
AOE was great, online games lasted 4 ever. Wasn't big daddy the code for the Knight Rider car? lol.

I used to really like Half-Life TFC and played that and Q3 online a lot. I tried the new one with the Orange Box on my 360 but couldn't really get into it again.

Brett, We'll have to get online and play a NHL 09 game. Pens vs my Rangers, but something tells me Crosby and Malkin will be too much to handle for King Henrik...yet again.

I wish I wasnt so horrible at NHL09. I mostly play BAP online with some other pens fans and I play a stay at home d style of game. I sometimes also do dynasty mode and sim games because I don't like playing them. I never really got good with the skill stick. I am hoping that NHL2010 is more enjoyable, especially in the dynasty mode. I'd still be willing to play a game sometimes, provided you arent a glitcher :p

I mainly played AOEII but I did it online instead of single player. I played briefly with some of the best players (and I mean briefly) but I couldnt hack it at that level. I am more of a clicker than a keyboard guy. I recently tried to start it back up to play online again but theres some weird issues with my router or something but it blocks the game from connecting to IP's online. It brought back frustrating memories of failed connections to games.

Wheel of Time
05/20/2009, 10:09 PM
Fallout3 is a great game -- just excellent Im pretty disappointed to hear UFC is laggy in two player. that sucks. THQ still having production/ development problems.

AOE and Civilization are two games I constantly go back to and play over and over again -- when I tire of what ever new one Im playing. I much prefer civ, though. I like the turn-based play/strategy. can take my time and do other stuff while playing

Pretty soon it will be time to beta test Diablo 3 -- really looking forward to that game. If you dont want to pay for subscription games like WoW (which I dont) then there is a big gap right now for that niche (was playing hellgate till they went bankrupt)

If you like COD series, same devloper (infinity ward) has modern warfare2;it is fantastic.

tank o tang
05/21/2009, 07:57 AM
Can't wait for the new cod from infinity. I am one who has no intrest in going backwards after modern warfare. Although I haven't played any cod since socom. Love civilization revolution but (like monopoly) takes 5 hours to play a game. Next big game I'm waiting for to come out is MAG. 256 players in an online war all at once (cant wait to see the lag on that. UFC lag seems to be a problem hopefully all they have to do is add some servers like most popular games during their first weeks.

Gooch79
05/21/2009, 08:16 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15049379#post15049379 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wheel of Time
Fallout3 is a great game -- just excellent Im pretty disappointed to hear UFC is laggy in two player. that sucks. THQ still having production/ development problems.

AOE and Civilization are two games I constantly go back to and play over and over again -- when I tire of what ever new one Im playing. I much prefer civ, though. I like the turn-based play/strategy. can take my time and do other stuff while playing

Pretty soon it will be time to beta test Diablo 3 -- really looking forward to that game. If you dont want to pay for subscription games like WoW (which I dont) then there is a big gap right now for that niche (was playing hellgate till they went bankrupt)

If you like COD series, same devloper (infinity ward) has modern warfare2;it is fantastic.

I used to be really into Diablo1 and Diablo 2 back in the day. But once I played WoW it became apparent how short that game series is. I don't think they'll ever get rid of the hackers, and the cooperation level in it is very minimal (remember everyone spam clicking on whatever the bosses drop and then ninja dropping from the game).

I hope that Blizzard learned a few things from WoW. I think they should incorporate soulbound items and group loot like system. I don't know how they deal with the hackers but thats something they absolutely need to fix. Seems like a cool game but I think my laptop would be frustratingly too slow to run it enjoyably.

My favorite COD game was the expansion for the original United Offensive. I loved the base assault online game for it where each side had 3 bases and you had to blow the tops off of them and plant a charge and make sure that charge detonates in all 3 of them to win the game while defending your own.

The games lasted a good while but were very competitive even with playing amongst strangers. I even enjoyed a mod for that game where it got rid of the tanks and flaks and you had to use satchels and bazookas to blow the tops of the bases. It slowed it down even more and made for more fighting.

I think it was pretty sad that none of the other COD's incorporated that game mode in any of the others. They all have different variations of the same and it gets old fast. I rented COD5 and COD4 and grew tired of teenagers killing me before I could do anything and then hearing their sqeaky voices over the speakers.

Kdocimo90
05/21/2009, 09:39 AM
My bro and I used to play Diablo... we played them all.
We actually figured out how to dublicate items. I was like 8 years old and amazing at it. We just duplicated Arcane's Vailor (IDK if you remember but it was armor worth like 10,000 gold)

We would then just buy ALL spell books and insane equipment lol.

And Modern Warfare 2 BETTER be good lol... COD5 was just terrible.

Gooch79
05/21/2009, 01:25 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15051668#post15051668 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kdocimo90
My bro and I used to play Diablo... we played them all.
We actually figured out how to dublicate items. I was like 8 years old and amazing at it. We just duplicated Arcane's Vailor (IDK if you remember but it was armor worth like 10,000 gold)

We would then just buy ALL spell books and insane equipment lol.

And Modern Warfare 2 BETTER be good lol... COD5 was just terrible.

hehe yeah, when I played Diablo one I learned how to dupe so I would find/buy elixirs and spell books and dupe the crap out of them to make a super mage. It got old though.

Biggest problem with the diablo's was the lack of worth of the gold. It was to the point where you didnt bother to pick it up anymore because besides repairs there was nothing to spend it on. WoW was great with the gold having value, but I don't know how they do that with Diablo 3 since there probably won't be an auction house to help set a market rate for things. If it's relied entirely upon by computer vendors it will be rendered useless again.

I don't know about you guys but I enjoyed COD4's single player game much much more than the online variation. I actually thought it was probably the best single player shooter storyline I have ever played through, too bad it didnt last that long.

I remember forcing myself to finish the single player of COD5 just so I could unlock the Nazi Zombies level, it was just so repetitious. Treyarch just plain sucks when it comes to the COD's.

Wheel of Time
05/23/2009, 08:04 PM
Gooch, Im with you on COD4 -- the single-player game was great (but too short) still an great play/story. Too bad multiplayer didnt add any real extra value for me (i got tired fast of getting sniped by pre-teens!! lol). Its funny you mention COD and Treyarch. I met their development team last year and they were so geeked up that they were about to release the next james bond game (quantum of solace) -- what a disappointement that was too (at least for me) Lets see what they have to talk about at E3 next week for their pipeline(how many spiderman or skate games can they make?)

Gooch79
05/23/2009, 10:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15065608#post15065608 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Wheel of Time
Gooch, Im with you on COD4 -- the single-player game was great (but too short) still an great play/story. Too bad multiplayer didnt add any real extra value for me (i got tired fast of getting sniped by pre-teens!! lol). Its funny you mention COD and Treyarch. I met their development team last year and they were so geeked up that they were about to release the next james bond game (quantum of solace) -- what a disappointement that was too (at least for me) Lets see what they have to talk about at E3 next week for their pipeline(how many spiderman or skate games can they make?)

Since you work in the industry have you heard anything about the developer Koei?

They used to be my favorite game developer for strategy games back in the 90's. PTO and the aerobiz games were my favorite. I know they made a PTO for PS2 but it was a linear game instead of the open sandbox style that PTO1 was for the SNES (and I think they made it for genesis as well). I believe they also made a game called Iron Storm for the Sega Saturn. That was my favorite WW2 tactical strategy game ever. I lost my Saturn and that game many years ago in one of my many moves and I really miss that game.

They seem to be only doing Japanese only things now, but maybe you know more.

Another developer I really liked was Working Designs (I think that was the name) they did the Lunar games on Sega CD. Those were probably the best RPG's I have played till Final Fantasy 7.

tank o tang
05/24/2009, 07:40 AM
Feel the same about cod4 (WAYYY TO SHORT). Going to E3 has got to be cool. MAG is going to crush them all, be sure to check out the ZIPPER booth.

Kdocimo90
05/24/2009, 05:34 PM
I give props to anyone who beat COD5 on single player veteran. I finally finished it. Friggen 1231223 grenades where ever you go.

I'm a beast at COD4 online. All I really play is Headquarters. My best game is 230 kills 32 deaths (on shipment of course :))

RTMA
05/26/2009, 06:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15051197#post15051197 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gooch79
I used to be really into Diablo1 and Diablo 2 back in the day. But once I played WoW it became apparent how short that game series is. I don't think they'll ever get rid of the hackers, and the cooperation level in it is very minimal (remember everyone spam clicking on whatever the bosses drop and then ninja dropping from the game).

ROFL... Come down my portal!!! Remember the Townkill hack? Once the Diablo trainers came out it was all over. Never got into Diablo 2, as by that time I think I was in Everquest land...the worse MMO ever..They actually hid the amount of exp you needed to level...

tank o tang
05/29/2009, 10:45 AM
Seen a preview of cod modern warfare2 last night on game trailers tv and all I can say is wow

Kdocimo90
05/29/2009, 03:39 PM
really?! i wanna see... time to check youtube

Wheel of Time
05/29/2009, 05:01 PM
hehehe . Ill be playing it next week. I head out to E3 Sunday morning (I friggin cant wait to go) activision holding an event Sunday night -- all those guys trying to leapfrog each other to present their new stuff- so now E3 really starts two days before it 'officially' opens. I hope I come back with a ton of new stuff!!!

See you guys next Sunday for the BBQ and meeting I hope.

tank o tang
06/01/2009, 07:16 PM
E3 is looking like it has some wild stuff on g4tv. Have to wait till tomorrow for sony. Have fun.

an411
06/03/2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah I can't wait till modern warfare 2 comes out. UFC is alright i think it seems a little slow.

tank o tang
12/24/2009, 09:14 AM
Reviving an old thread to see who's playing on a ps3. Still playing on socom, the dlc maps are pretty good.

Gooch79
12/24/2009, 11:51 AM
I got a PS3 back in early october and have Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and Little Big Planet. I get the multi-platform games on my xbox360. I just enjoy the experience on the xbox more than the PS3.

Right now I rented MLB09 the show through gamefly. Man I wish they did a hockey game like this. The Franchise mode is so in depth, I havent even played a game since I prefer to sim but there is everything I could ask for in a franchise mode. I wish EA would get off their butt's and make a real freaking game instead of that joke of a franchise mode they put out year in and year out.

fiddly_foo
12/24/2009, 10:22 PM
i have ps3 i used to be addicted to socom on ps2 like 24/7 so thats why i havent got it yet for ps3 but my problems are for diablo2 and no that diablo3 should be out in 7 or months i will be putting 80 hours a week into that gamw watch i use to play diablo2 all the time 40hrs strait sometimes WOW was I bad...LOL

Kdocimo90
12/24/2009, 11:55 PM
haha diablo is awesome. My bro used to play it all the time. I used to dupe items for him in the first diable lol.

tank o tang
12/25/2009, 08:51 AM
my gametag = phauglydog

Gooch79
12/25/2009, 10:17 AM
I still have diablo 2 for my computer, let me know if you want to play sometime.

tank o tang
05/25/2010, 08:35 AM
Anyone try red dead redemption? This game is great, you can always count on rockstar for a great product.

Wheel of Time
05/26/2010, 05:24 PM
played the demo, but dont have the full version. Read a bunch of the reviews...It got fantastic scores / metacritic rankings. Far better game than the first one. I like how it is such a big, immersive world. Rockstar sure knows how to build a big game

philosophish
06/03/2010, 12:09 AM
Is anyone interested in a sony psp with a couple games and movies? I could use the funds for livestock and equipment purchasing for my new nano project.

So if anyone is interested in taking their gaming on the road let me know. Feel free to make an offer.

tank o tang
06/14/2010, 06:06 PM
Are you at E3 this year? Anything to REALLY look forward to for the ps3?

fiddly_foo
06/15/2010, 07:05 AM
I need to start playing my P3 more havent even turned it on in months.. waiting for
so-com 4 to come out then we can start a clan I use to be hooked to the first so -com when it came out I was in a bunch of clan's.. TEX was one I was TEX-AliG..lol and I started another one called the high Roller's.. so looking foward to soc-com 4..what games you play jeff and what systems you have..? Brian

njudson
06/15/2010, 07:57 AM
It's not for PS3 and its not actual gameplay but this is a pretty sweet trailer for the upcoming Starwars MMO. Well worth 5 minutes. (I'm casually playing Aion waiting for SWTOR and TERA to come out)
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/367/videoId/1750

Kdocimo90
06/15/2010, 10:48 AM
It's not for PS3 and its not actual gameplay but this is a pretty sweet trailer for the upcoming Starwars MMO. Well worth 5 minutes. (I'm casually playing Aion waiting for SWTOR and TERA to come out)
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/367/videoId/1750

Pretty cool! I wish there was some actual gameplay though. You can't really tell what the game is like from one of these short "video scenes".

tank o tang
06/16/2010, 05:42 PM
Fiddly, I play all types of games as long as its on the ps3. Looking forward to socom 4 this fall also. I've been keeping busy with red dead, heavy rain (excellent lais back type of game), and bad company 2. I was looking forward to fallout vegas but after seeing it at e3 on tv it looks like an extension to 3 which was great but I feel like I have put so much time into fallout 3, I want a new game, not an expansion pack type game. I just don't see much that I'm looking forward to for holiday time releases.

fiddly_foo
06/17/2010, 02:43 PM
yea jeff I hear you but socom could be fun with a group of us playing.. how's your tank doing..? I need to stop by soon and hang and I do need somne R/O water to I'll give you a call soon later ..Brian Prob goona get that new tank very soon a shallow cube 24x24x12 I think later

Wheel of Time
06/18/2010, 07:58 AM
Just got back from LA // the E3 annual trip. The new motion controllers are pretty cool...far improved over last year's E3. I prefer the msft kinect at this point -- but a game for the sony move is tailor made -- its called sorcery. it was surprising how much fun it was using these new controllers for the 15min or so I played it(can see the potential for future titles like the next diablo etc (though going to take a while to develop good hard core titles -- consider these ones wii on steroids I guess. the sleeper hit for kinnect for the kiddeis is going to be a dance game....I can see it catching on like guitar hero -->its made by harmonix as well). Hard core games: call of duty black ops was far better than I expected....didnt think treyarc was going to do a good job...played it for a couple hours in total over the week. great game. medal of honor is good (great new feature to be able to customize weapons is sweet) dead space 2 and crysis2 both look great -->really slick interface but I got a bit bored. Killzone was awesome. a couple new star wasrs games again...a light saber battle is a ton of fun for 30 min witht eh new controllers...but not a lot of re-playability...can see gettign bored fast. the EA star wars mmo is now the most expensive game ever developed and it isnt even due to ship till spring of '11 (and if you think EA will have it in stores then I have a bridge to sell you in brooklyn --> no way its out if FY11. erts mgmt team has everything riding on this game in my mind....if it flops the ceo gets axed. gonna be interesting but just dont see how it can unseat blizzard's hold on that market. abnother very timely title that surprised me is thq's homefront. much better than I expected. a bunch of other good games there, but no real new 'must have' titles for me. a bit disappointing actually so many similar games and the 3d games --> dont get excited about them yet. look nice but you get headaches after palying them for an extended time. crysis is cool in 3d, but plays much better in normal mode IMO. its still a couple years off for wide-spread development ..need a bigger install base.
They gave me a ton of new games I brought back and even was given one of the new xbox360's with wifi which is nice (double the hd to 250mb and no power brick...sweet) You will love the new deal with espn... Im looking forward to using the feature to have the live chat screen with my dad in PA open so we can see each other live and have the game on in the middle of the screen at the same time-- be like the old days of watcign the games together. Curious to see if just a novelty or if Ill actually use it often...we'll see.
Jeff is you are curious about any particular game chat back and Ill give me two cents on how it looked/played. I tested most of them out.

tank o tang
06/18/2010, 12:55 PM
Sounds like you had fun. Those new controllers do look cool, but don't know why sony dosen't expand more with the eye as my daughters love to play with it. I also wonder why xbox didn't do more to add bluray. I think killzone should have learned its lesson last year that it shouldn't try to battle socom, now that zipper is back on socom it will be an even bigger landslide. How is the new GT5? They said the amount of cars and graphics are so real its crazy. I was looking at the 3D but think it needs more time to develop? I'm not a tech guru and don't understand why if I could watch Jaws in 3d on tv when I was a kid back then what makes it so expensive today.

fiddly_foo
06/19/2010, 08:41 AM
So when is Diablo 3 comming out for PC suppose to be by christmas time I've been waiting for year's for this.. Don't mind a little more wait cause I'm gonna need a new PC desktop to play don't want any lag at all for PK'ing..lol brian...

Wheel of Time
06/19/2010, 05:54 PM
Jeff -- yeah played the new socom too -- was fun playing as part of a team again, but not much new in gameplay. GT is so freakin realisitc it isnt even funny. the graphics are stunning. Yeah-- Im with you Brian...Diablo is one of my favorites but there isnt a snowballs chance in$#%@ of being released anytime soon. Certainly not for christmas this year...there is a good chance it will be out for next Holiday. They are going to put out starcraft2 first, then the next world of warcraft follwed by a few starcraft map packs/micro-transactions (atvi making several hundred million a year off these map/updates) heck the last COD map pack sold a million on day one at $15...not too shabby for something that costs them next to nothing. It would be nice to get a firm release date from them at blizzcon this summer...but remember to my knowledge blizzard has never ever hit an intital release date---but they deliver great titles.

Wheel of Time
06/19/2010, 05:59 PM
on the 3d gaming: it is still a long ways off. I really dont think its ready for prime-time yet. Crysis2 looks stunning in 3d -- but no way do you want to sit in front of a screen for hours at a time havingh our brains process the images in 3D -- talk about overload and major headaches. I had long conversations with the developers of crysis etc and one of the main devs wont play it in 3-d from headaches...prefers the normal screen version (which is also stunning graphics and very fun game) but very telling if one of the developers doesnt want to play it in 3d