PDA

View Full Version : Problem I am having, could use some help

Tony44
05/20/2009, 07:13 PM
I have a 75 GPD unit from you guys that I started using in January. Since January I have had to change the filters now 3 times. I am able to make about 100 or so gallons, then the production of the unit drastically decreases.

I have the unit connected to my garden hose in the backyard. Before I run the RO unit, I always let the hose run for a few minutes to flush out anything potentially harmful that is sitting in the hose.

I just would like to get to the bottom of this, as it is getting very expensive for me having to buy new filters every month. I do not have a TDS meter, would this help? Would a PSI meter do anything? I know my water here is not the best, but it cannot be that bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thefilterguys
05/21/2009, 01:25 AM
Tony it is hard to say weather it is your water connection or water supply that is the issue. Can you move the system to an indoor connection and see if things change?

You should be using a tds meter regardless as you have no idea of the water quality your producing. If your pressure is low you could have an issue which is causing filter clogging so a gauge may add some insight.

It hard to say whats up but monthly filter changes is not the normal rule so you'll just have to weed things out.

Jim