PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Tip & Zoanthids - what wins the battle ?

oz07
05/21/2009, 08:26 AM
My BT decided time to find a new spot right next to my zoa's and palys. been there a few days rubbing each other in the flow. Nobody is retracting and all seems good but this can't end well can it ?

Toddrtrex
05/21/2009, 09:32 AM
I can't speak for BTAs, but I know that b/t an LTA and zoas the LTA wins.

jmadison
05/21/2009, 10:41 AM
Mine coexsist! Both open!

msmith619
06/01/2009, 07:20 PM
Mine sit side by side touching with no ill effects.
Mike

scottallert
06/01/2009, 07:35 PM
my bubble tip stings my zoas, and anything else it touchs

adambirk
06/01/2009, 09:12 PM
i have 2 gbta in my 90 mixed reef and one of them will sting anything that gets to close and the other one lives right next to my eagle eye zoo colony and has never stung them. the weird thing is the one that stings never bubbles its tenticles any more. no matter how much i feed it it always has long tenticles. now the one that touches my zoos has nice plump bubbles that never get very long and it has never stung anything and it has been by and touched zoos, button polps, yellow acro and bulseye mushrooms go figure. dont know if it has any thing to do with it or not just though it was weird. also the bta that never bubbles had nice bubbled tips untill my clowns finally hosted it and it never stung corals before when its tips where bubbled. and scince it has been hosted its tenticles have never bubbled since.