PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing new fuge light!!

LulusMoogle
05/24/2009, 04:06 PM
I got <a href="http://www.nanocustoms.com/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=70">this</a> fuge light for my birthday. I'm ready to install it, but I can't find any mounting instructions ANYWHERE online. Nor did it come with any. I found instructions on how to put it together, but not how to mount it. The funny thing is that it didn't even come with any screws to mount it with, either. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to mount it on the back hood of my BC29 so that it shines in the 2nd chamber.

I just want some freakin' instructions! :mad:

Help me, RC. You're my only hope!

Oh, and please. :D

redfishsc
05/24/2009, 05:51 PM
If it's as light as it looks, you might be able to epoxy it to the back of your canopy if there is a place for it. I wouldn't use superglue, I'd use an epoxy specifically labeled for plastic, which can be found at Lowe's. I've use the Devcon plastic "welder" before and it's great.

That is assuming that the LED housing is plastic.

If it's metal, don't epoxy it ;).

LulusMoogle
05/27/2009, 01:34 PM
It's fairly light. I could epoxy the ballast, but the housing for the LEDs themelves is metal.

redfishsc
05/27/2009, 03:22 PM
In that case, if you have a drill, you could probably drill two 1/4" holes in it and somewhere in your canopy, and use two small 1/4" threaded bolts w/a nylock nut (or just a nut w/ a lock washer) to bolt it on. Is just a bit overkill but will get the job done.

If you could provide a pic of where you want it mounted, I could probably help you more--

400M1963
05/27/2009, 05:13 PM
If you're certain you're getting no spray you might go with Heavy Duty Velcro since it looks to be DC.

LulusMoogle
05/28/2009, 01:51 AM
Indeed. That's a thought... I'll have to play with that one. :D

redfishsc
05/31/2009, 10:37 PM
Any luck?