PDA

View Full Version : Yes I know they're Mojanos

Paul B
05/24/2009, 05:38 PM
I still like them. I got rid of about a dozen mojanos last year and then one popped up. They are anemones and years ago we couldn't even keep them alive so I let this little guy live.
He split and became two. Then he grew about 2" tall and now became three. They are all still on the same rock and not spreading all over the place so I let them live there. We have an understanding and it suits both of us.
This is the largest mojanos I have ever seen and they look like some other type of anemone. They have been in that same place for maybe 2 years.
I kind of go for wierd anyway.

:rolleyes:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/urchsearch/Marcoisland005.jpg

sikpupy
05/24/2009, 05:50 PM
Ha ha ha, thats cool. Personaly, i would be scared s***less they would bred all through the tank and then take over me.

But hey, if you two have a meeting of the minds and you like them, go for it bro!

Paul B
05/24/2009, 05:52 PM
But hey, if you two have a meeting of the minds and you like them, go for it bro!

The one on the right is learning to play the piano

agreeive?fish
05/24/2009, 06:13 PM
You need to put a dress on the one on the left to play the part of the lounge singer because you know every piano player needs a lounge singer in a red dress

ludnix
05/24/2009, 06:23 PM
They are a lot prettier than most of the other pests we have to worry about. It's too bad aiptasia aren't more colorful either.

kfisc
05/24/2009, 06:31 PM
When I first started a reef tank (well more than two decades after Paul), a well-used text suggested all such critters were a welcome sight in a tank that had yet to be well established, and really posed no threat unless they got out of hand. Still makes sense to me.

EverettReef
05/24/2009, 06:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15069501#post15069501 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Paul B
The one on the right is learning to play the piano

Be careful Paul. After learning to play the piano, it may expect you to pay for college.

Dante_JoseCuerv
05/24/2009, 06:53 PM
Hmmm, well I don't see anything wrong with it so all I can say is cool! I've got some on a big rock in my tank that I've decided I'm going to use in a majano filter. I've got a big plastic tub that I'm gonna put some dead rock in and let these guys colonize it. Gonna run that and my caulerpa filter through a UV sterilizer so they don't spread though. Still, they're quite beneficial, and they don't look too bad :)

jbird69
05/24/2009, 10:53 PM
I allways have a few of em. The populations dont explode in my tank for whatever reason. They are pretty and they are easy to kill if necessarry.

francis1123
05/25/2009, 12:24 AM
i've always kept mine. pink centers, green arms. i've even been asked for frags of them before.

Paul B
05/25/2009, 05:47 AM
Be careful Paul. After learning to play the piano, it may expect you to pay for college.

No thanks, been there, done that.
They just better get a schlorship :lol: