PDA

View Full Version : Coverting the Tunze 9002 Skimmer to a real skimmer

seaworldkid1
05/24/2009, 08:06 PM
hello everyone,
many of you who own the Tunze 9002 skimmer may have trouble dealing with the skimmer not being reliable. I being a Tunze 9002 skimmer have been threw the same trouble as the rest of you. i was about to just get rid of my tunze and get something new(and spent to much on a small skimmer). i thought what makes this skimmer work, maybe something is blocking the pump or something. when i opened the skimmer i realized that for some dumb reason instead of every other skimmer that draws air in to the pump so the pump and chop up the bubbles, the tunze sucks in the air after the skimmer making huge bubbles making for a less productive skimmer. so i cut a small pease of hose and stuck it in to the pump inlet fed by an airpump. now my skimmer rocks. ill post picks soon, tunze 9002 skimmer and be saved.

JustinReef
05/24/2009, 09:58 PM
I was/am considering this skimmer, so pictures would be great.

NCSUsalt
05/24/2009, 11:05 PM
you don't know the difference between a venturi and needle-wheel type skimmer do you?

jciotti
05/25/2009, 12:42 AM
The only explanation for what you did would me that your intake line is clogged. Do you let it drink hot RO water once a week?

Adding an air line in front of the skimmer inlet will not improve its performance, only return it to its original skimming capacity.

More then likely you need to clean your air line tubing and that is all. Your skimmer is a venturi type and not a needle wheel type. The only thing that makes your skimmer inconsistent is water fluctuation and a dirty air line.