PDA

View Full Version : need source for small mounted sheaves/pulleys

GreshamH
05/25/2009, 02:42 PM
Anyone know a good cheap source for 1" mounted sheaves or mounted pulleys? The smallest I can find is 1 1/2" via the normal sources. I can get smaller loose sheaves but then I'd have to construct the mount.

justinhass
05/25/2009, 03:00 PM
Look at some sort of marine hardware. I see your in the bay area so maybe find a West Marine or something along those lines. There is a lot of that type of equip. used in sailing and most is made of stainless so it will last.

kcress
05/25/2009, 04:23 PM
West Marine is a good idea.

You can always check Mcmaster.com

GreshamH
05/25/2009, 06:58 PM
:) I've tried all the usual suspects....WM had it's HQ here for a spell, I strolled over the other day to seen but all's I could find is replacement sheaves. While they are the perfect size they do not have mounts. If I have to make mounts it wouldn't be much harder to cut the scheaves out of SS.

I've tried a dozen sail/marine shops, nothing in my size range :(

McMaster nothing small enough. I can part together everything I need, make the mounts and either buy the scheaves from WM or make them myself.

Grainger had one that might work but they lack the detailed description that McMaster has (which is why I relay on McMaster for most stuff).

My ultimate goal is to not have to fabricate any part of this. There has to be an off the shelf option some place.

back to Google dang it..... Come on Bill, you know not where I can get them?