PDA

View Full Version : Possible move to a 220

Engine8ff
05/25/2009, 06:33 PM
OK all large tank owners, I have a couple questions. First let me start with what I have. I have an 8 gallon oceanic and a 30 gallon frag tank, both are very healthy tanks. I have had them both for almost a year and love the hobby. I had found a 3 month old 75 oceanic complete set up and the person had to back out, I understod the reason so my wife found a very nice 220 up and running system, this thing has everything so I wanted to get your inputs. What is the biggest hassel in a large tank, what would you do different on yours. Will the tank cycle using the orginal rock, corals ect. I have an ro/di and have been making my own water, my frag tank is growing like a weed and have had no problems with it. This biggest worry at this point is do I need a small tank to put the livestock in after moving this thing. I will take all in put. Thanks in advance.

Aquarist007
05/25/2009, 06:44 PM
can you give more details as to up and running---what does it have it----amt of live rock---number of internal overflows etc ect

How far are you going to have to move this tank?

Engine8ff
05/25/2009, 07:00 PM
The tank has 2 overflows one in each corner, 75 gallon sump, skimmer, ca reactor, dosing pumps, 400 watt mh, 175 lbs of rock, 200 lbs of sand, the fish are small (young) it is most lbs and soft, no lps, 3 power heads (cant remember size), auto top off, ups back up, external return pump (iwaki) going to be moving about 75 miles this is what I can remember, owner is sending complete list tonight. The tank is running and all test looked great. Thanks

Aquarist007
05/25/2009, 07:07 PM
without the list of fish and corals I would suggest garbage pails saving 60 per cent of the water and placing the live rock /corals in the pails.
I would have the remainder of the water ready at your place
I would also have replacement for the substrate ready to go

75 miles is an 1.5 hours? and temp should not be a problem.

jrw
05/31/2009, 05:59 PM
What about floor support for a large tank like this?

Aquarist007
05/31/2009, 06:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15109774#post15109774 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jrw
What about floor support for a large tank like this?

is it the first floor of a house? If so is the basement open underneath so you can see the floor joices?