PDA

View Full Version : Marine Velvet Problem

capspath83
06/01/2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Everyone,

Well after a few days of watching my last remaining fish in the tank I have noticed that both my gold banded maroon clowns have succumbed to Marine Velvet. The small male has the further onset where the dorsal fins are flaking off. They are both in my Bubble Tip anemone..will that help them at all with beating this parasite? I don't see them breathing rapidly but the small one has not eaten anything the past couple days. I have been soaking mysis and brine in Kents Garlic Xtreme in the hope that it will increase their immune system. I don't have a QT tank so I cannot use copper. My Scooter blenny and flame hawk and snowflake eel seem to be doing well right now too. I have read that some fish may have a "natural immunity" to certain parasites.

If the 2 clowns perish in the wake of this event, I know I have to wait at least 6 weeks before I add new fish. My question is will the parasites still be alive if the other fish live fore over the 6 weeks without any signs. I really don't want to take any chances as my tank was perfectly healthy 3 weeks ago before I added the powder brown..then all hell broke loose. I just want to know that in all of this will my corals and crustaceans be ok?