PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Aqualight users

YE||0W TA|\|G
06/02/2009, 04:01 PM
For those who have these lighting fixtures, have any of you experienced any lighting issues? Ive had my aqualight pro 250w for about 4 months now. And today was the 2nd time that I have experienced one of the halides to go out. The first time this happened it was the right side. I turned everything off and let it cool for 15 mins they put them back on and it worked fine.. This time around it was the center halide same thing, it works fine now to.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I thought the bulb was going but not sure why they would die after 4 months old..

Also, what does a burned out halide bulb look like? This is my 1st time with halides ever and im not sure what to expect other then the obvious which would be the bulb not turning on. Does it get the same burnt marking effect like a regular light would?

THE ROOK
06/02/2009, 04:48 PM
I ran a Coralife Pro for awhile. I plugged a clip-on fan into the same timer as the halides & blew air across the ballasts. Definitely kept them much cooler & never had a halide issue. I would give that a shot.

Also, is the fan inside the fixture working ok?

blennymower
06/02/2009, 05:01 PM
Mine works fine, although I think the bulbs that come with are crap, one burns a little bit brighter then the other one.

Other than that I haven't had an serious issues.