PDA

View Full Version : Need to treat fish ?

oneoffcustom
06/03/2009, 08:53 PM
Hi all, i have an imperator tang and a clown tang. Now the tricky part is i have them in a 75 gallon tank right now holding my live rock. I plan on using this tank as my future qt tank. The problem is now and forgive i know i broke the rules by rushing, that all my live rock for my 150 which is ready to begin is in the 75. So now the question...

If i remove all live rock from the 75 to a bin will it cause the 75 to cycle?

I want to be able to treat these fish before anything happens. So if anyone could help me i would appreciate that greatly.

oneoffcustom
06/03/2009, 09:01 PM
p.s. the tank has already cycled 1 time i am wondering if it will cycle again.

Ohiomom
06/04/2009, 07:05 AM
I'm confused..are the fish sick or do you just want to remove the rock..cause if they are ill your rock needs to be quarentined in itself too before setting up in the new tank and addind livestock.

Removing the rock could trigger a mini cycle as a lot of junk will be released into the water but nothing that could not be monitored and kept in check with water changes..

oneoffcustom
06/04/2009, 08:35 AM
It does seem confusing sorry. The imperator is showing some lil spots like ich may be taking affect. I would like to treat the fish not the rock. I will be putting the rock in a bin with powerhead to let all the ich die off. I have read ich dies pretty fast after it has no fish to attach to. The rock will not be going straight into the 150 until august so that will be 2 months of it all alone in rock bin. I am mainly just curiouse if i pulled the rock from the 75 would the tank recycle and kill fish or will i be able to keep them.