PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Magus BM 160 skimmer gone nuts

96p993
06/04/2009, 07:23 PM
I have a BM 160 that has lost its mind. I cannot get it to stop overloading my skimmer cup with bubbles. I have the skimmer water down to its lowest level and it still is just overflowing all over the place. I have taken the skimmer out of the sump and cleaned it then flushed with vinegar and water but nothing has helped. The skimmer was running great but has just lost its mind. I have done no modifications to the skimmer venturi to introduce more air into the mix so that is out...Someone please help!!

kaskiles
06/04/2009, 07:29 PM
Are you running 100% off your overflow? Is the supply feed flow rate completely steady?

I've noticed that mine pulls so much air, that when the feed flow rate changes a little it can overflow easily. I have set the foam level down low in the neck. It seems to collect consistently this way, but the foam level in the neck will rise and fall. I've always assumed it was from my 100% overflow feed not being consistent. My vortech on reefcrest might surge the overflow a bit here an there...

E.intheC
06/04/2009, 08:33 PM
what changes have you made to your actual tank water? Sometimes changes up top will affect the skimmate produced

shoprat001
06/04/2009, 08:33 PM
Run a small brush or pipecleaner in your venturi hole where the hose plugs into. Even though it's sucking air the venturi sometimes gets a little calcified. At least that's the way it works with my H&S

96p993
06/04/2009, 10:16 PM
Im feed is actually a MJ1200...Never could get my overflow to be consistent enough to feed the skimmer.

I had an algae bloom not long ago but again I have taken the skimmer out and cleaned it...Now running water and vinegar through it but still no luck..

I have cleaned the venturi or the line itself. Will do so tomorrow to see what is going on in it.

Thanks