PDA

View Full Version : Queen Trigger arrived with missing top tail streamer

jmccown
06/05/2009, 05:57 PM
I ordered the queen trigger that finally became available. When I got it in the bucket for acclimation I found that the entire top tail streamer is missing. I have attached a photo for your viewing. The pic of it on DD was not like this.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/jmccown1/Picture066.jpg

dfs/la2
06/05/2009, 06:32 PM
jmccown,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear that your Queen Triggerfish was received with a missing tail streamer. If you would please PM us with your order information, we would be happy to look further into this matter.

Mike S.
LiveAquaria (http://www.liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

jmaneyapanda
06/07/2009, 07:18 AM
I dont get it. Dont own a phone? Why not call, rather than post?

jmccown
06/07/2009, 05:50 PM
Because I had a picture to show....

Why do you always lurk here to respond for DFS?

dfs/la2
06/08/2009, 08:29 AM
jmccown,

Thank you for your post. We have sent you a PM regarding your order.

Gwen S.
LiveAquaria (http://www.liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

jmccown
06/08/2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks. I received your PM. Fish is doing great so far. Thanks again for great customer service!!!!

jmaneyapanda
06/08/2009, 03:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15152641#post15152641 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmccown
Because I had a picture to show....

Why do you always lurk here to respond for DFS?

You know you can email a picture, after speaking to them on the phone....

I despise people who use such guerilla tactics. LiveAquaria has class and dignity, and isnt goign to get into an argument on a public forum. Which is likely EXACTLY why many people post of their "bad" experiences here- to try to force a resolution. I think such tactics are unfair, and as I have no association, nor affiliation with DFS/LA, I can call a spade a spade in such matters.

The bottom line is this- Drawing VERY PUBLIC ATTENTION to a private transaction is poor conduct. Especuially if no apparenmt attempt has been made in contacting or resolving the issue in private.

Im sure they took care of you, though. The sad thing, is that they surely would've done the same if you wouldve just called. But, you had to try to prove a point or cause an issue.

phuzzykins
06/08/2009, 05:05 PM
Personally, I like seeing the full spectrum of experiences that folks have with vendors, both positive and negative. I feel that this is a fine forum to share them.

I do not consider this post to be "guerilla" in any way. The OP did not make any unreasonable demands for compensation, or attempt to disparage anyone. He simply stated that the fish he received did not match the photos. I see no attempt whatsoever to prove a point, cause an issue, or stir up trouble in any way.

Doing business with a public company, I believe it's the OP's right to raise issues in a public forum. DFS is a very transparent, open company, and I believe they would support this view. If not, I see no reason for them to sponsor RC and maintain this forum.

jmaneyapanda
06/08/2009, 05:24 PM
To each, their own, I guess. I just dont understand why the apparent first response would be to post in an open forum. The customer service for this company is notably excellent (as apparent from the numerous other posts in this forum stating that). So, why bypass this step and go directly to public announcement?

snorvich
06/08/2009, 05:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15158711#post15158711 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by phuzzykins
Personally, I like seeing the full spectrum of experiences that folks have with vendors, both positive and negative. I feel that this is a fine forum to share them.

I do not consider this post to be "guerilla" in any way. The OP did not make any unreasonable demands for compensation, or attempt to disparage anyone. He simply stated that the fish he received did not match the photos. I see no attempt whatsoever to prove a point, cause an issue, or stir up trouble in any way.

Doing business with a public company, I believe it's the OP's right to raise issues in a public forum. DFS is a very transparent, open company, and I believe they would support this view. If not, I see no reason for them to sponsor RC and maintain this forum.

But, of course, you are NOT seeing the full spectrum of experiences. The vast majority of transactions with this vendor are highly positive and with no issues whatsoever. And the few anomalies are normally dealt with via telephone or email. I agree with jmaneyapanda that the original poster was trying to use tactics that are unnecessary. My personal anomaly rate is probably less than 5% of all transactions I have had with this vendor; in any case ALL of them were satisfactorily resolved via email (normal) or telephone. The original poster certainly has the RIGHT to raise issues in a public forum but whether that is the best or appropriate way to resolve matters is highly debatable. These forums exist more for information exchange than resolution of order issues. That is what email is for. How many vendors provide this level of support for resolving questions?

phuzzykins
06/08/2009, 06:01 PM
Steve, I'm not sure I agree with you re: the full spectrum of experiences. I'll agree with you that the *distribution* of experiences is skewed to the negative, but there are plenty of positive comments as well. I would hope that the readers of these forums are reasonably intelligent folks who understand that all vendors will make mistakes from time to time, and that forums such as these represent a higher percentage of the negative experiences than the positive ones.

My personal anomaly rate is significantly higher than 5%, but I remain satisfied because DFS has always taken care of me, and I have no qualms about recommending them.

One thing I've found really odd is that shipments from DFS/LA seem to get lost or damaged in transit a lot more frequently than from other vendors, which contributes to the high anomaly rate I've experienced. Hardly their fault, though I'm still scratching my head over why I don't have the same issues with things shipped by other vendors.

We'll have to agree to disagree re: the OP's intentions. It seems like the sort of thing I'd do without intending to be a troublemaker, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

All of the vendors I purchase from on a regular basis have provided me with a similar (excellent) level of support. I don't feel it detracts from DFS in any way to acknowledge that other vendors also offer exceptionally good service.

jmccown
06/08/2009, 06:56 PM
no need for any further response from me on this thread. I did not intend to bad mouth DFS. My preference was to just make a quick post here because it wasn't that big of an issue to me. If the fish were dying or in poor health I would have called them. But since the fish was in good health I didn't see it necessary to call them since time was not an issue. Besides, they would have probably wanted to see a picture anyways.

I don't know why all you guys try to be internet bodyguards for DFS anyways, they are vendors. They pay to be a vendor here to be able to promote their business. I wasn't slamming them for anything bad. They took care of me and that's all that matters. End of this thread.

jmaneyapanda
06/09/2009, 05:15 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15159396#post15159396 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmccown
I did not intend to bad mouth DFS. My preference was to just make a quick post here because it wasn't that big of an issue to me. If the fish were dying or in poor health I would have called them. But since the fish was in good health I didn't see it necessary to call them since time was not an issue. Besides, they would have probably wanted to see a picture anyways.

I don't know why all you guys try to be internet bodyguards for DFS anyways, they are vendors. They pay to be a vendor here to be able to promote their business. I wasn't slamming them for anything bad. They took care of me and that's all that matters. End of this thread.

As I mentioned, to each, their own. Your intentions may not to "badmouth" DFS, but you actions show different. So, If this really wasnt a big deal, or wasnt time sensitive at all, why in the world would you make a thread on arguably the largest reef oriented forum in the world, pointing out BLATANTLY a problem that you believe to be made by DFS? Thats almost the definition of "badmouthing"! In contrast, I wouldve had nothing to say, if your claim was that you contacted them by phone, email, and every other method, and they refused to acknowledge the issue and work with you. But your knee jerk reaction was to post a giant picture of a fish they shipped on a huge internet forum with the text "The pic of it on DD was not like this". That points a lot towards your intentions. Put yourself in their shoes. What if I had bought a coral from you, and it arrived broken into 100 pieces. And I posted a giant pic and said "this is not what I ordered", before I even made an attempt at contacting you. And then tried to make the claim that I was doing you a FAVOR by posting here! All the while claiming innocence. That would tick you off, wouldnt it?

Phuzzykins, heres where we'll agree to disagree. Read the initial post. Nowhere is it pointed to anyone (other users, etc). It is aimed at DFS in front of an enormous audience. No questions asked, no allowances offered, just a "I ordered this fish and this is how it arrived" as a giant billboard. That screams of the OPs intentions, in my opinion. I see nothing for any other potential customers to learn from this experience, aside from the fact that the OP is using RC to try to manipulate a reaction from the vendor. It is sad, and it will cause vendors to not want to have forums on RC if it continues.

As to the "bodyguarding", as I mentioned, DFS/LA will certainly NOT make the claims and remarks that I have in this open forum. That is not the essence of customer service. However, as a supporter of this company, as well as a customer, it irritates me to see people attempt to take advantage of the situation as has occurred here. Was the fish in condition as described and pictured? Surely. Should and will DFS/LA compensate the purchaser for such? Surely. Was the proper place for DFS/LA to hear about this concern on a large, highly debated, forum? Never. That is poor vendor service, to a company the OP claims to support.