PDA

View Full Version : looking for pumps

superman101
06/07/2009, 07:35 AM
Hi,
New to the site and just getting back into salt water. I had a 210gal about 12 years ago and now im looking at getting one at least 120gal but nothing bigger because of space. Ok so onto my question. I heard of these new pumps that attach to the tank using magnets? I wish i new more about them. Also can someone point me into the direction for info on the newest products on the market? i would like to make this tank a fish only with some live coral and rocks.

jason

kfisc
06/07/2009, 07:48 AM
Welcome! You might be thinking about Vortech, Tunze or Korallia pumps. Do a search on any of those and there are long threads discussing the pros/cons.

If I had the cash, the Vortechs or Tunzes would be nice, but I get by with several Korallias. You can even now modify a Maxijet and attach it with magnets. Good luck!

terrinstevereef
06/07/2009, 07:49 AM
I think you are talking about either the Vortech's or Koralia Powerheads. Do a quick google search on them.

superman101
06/07/2009, 08:01 AM
yes the Vortech's is what i was looking for. I plan on pieceing this tank together little at a time. I have a lead on a 120gal sitting in the basement of a ladies house she said if i move it i can have it. Its just the tank and stand.

leafreef
06/07/2009, 09:47 AM
have a 120 now set up, and have a vortech; worth their weight in gold if you need good flow for sps.