PDA

View Full Version : A special Sebae???

Scrandrew
06/07/2009, 01:57 PM
I was shopping in Lancaster Pennsylvania at That Fish Place during the past week. While examining the livestock, I noticed a purple, bright purple tipped, Sebae Anemone. To date, I have only ever seen the whitish ones with pink or purple tips, and, the ones that are dyed yellow. I have never seen a purple one. Well...$110 later, I now have it in my tank.

Because I had never seen one, I thoroughly questioned the employee. He found, on wet web media, a picture of a purple one that was purprotedly a Red Sea variant. Regardless, has anyone ever seen one before? If so, how common are they? Any insight would be appreciated.

A~

clowns101
06/07/2009, 02:14 PM
YES I HAVE SEEN THEM BEFOR.THEY ARE SLOWLY COMEING UP IN POPULARITY AND MORE AND MORE PEOPLEARE BUYING THEM WHEN THEY ARE AVAIBLE.

marc price
06/07/2009, 07:20 PM
look anything like this - http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/mp9_/downsized_0419091330.jpgwhat size and can you post a pic. ?
i'd like to try for a ♀ ♂ pair of purple sebae anemones, did they happen to have more of them?

Scrandrew
06/08/2009, 04:23 AM
It has shorter stubbier tentacles but the color is similar. UNfortunately, I got the only one they had.

A~

JamesJR
06/08/2009, 05:43 PM
It isn't too terribly uncommon for sebae or heteractis crispa anemones to be colored. A lot of them tend to develop purplish hues. The problem is they don't ship well and are terribly prone to bleaching so most of the ones we see end up looking white. When they regain their health they end up being very attractive.