PDA

View Full Version : Aquatec 8800 pressure setting

IndyReefMan
06/08/2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Russ,

I just purchased the Aquatec 8800 booster pump from you this AM. It will be connected to a Kent RO/DI 60gpd unit that currently has a Dow Filmtec membhrane on it (I think that the membrane is 50 gpd). What pressure do you recommend I boost the unit to?

Thanks,

Mike

Buckeye Hydro
06/08/2009, 03:42 PM
85 to 90 psi. max.

There are likely components in your system with a max operating pressure of 100 psi.

Russ

IndyReefMan
06/09/2009, 05:47 AM
Thank-you, Russ. I have one more question. Where does the pressure switch kit for the boost pump hook-up? I have a Kent float valve shut-off system that dumps the water into a Brute trash can. The product water from the membrane housing goes to a "T" valve. From there, one end of the "T" valve goes to the pressure actuated solenoid that is mounted on the membrane housing. The other end of the "T" valve goes to the DI unit. I'm going to guess that the pressure switch kit taps into the waterline between the "T" valve and the DI unit... am I correct?

Buckeye Hydro
06/09/2009, 07:20 PM
ounds like we should talk. I don't know where the check valves are in your system. Typically, it goes in the tube leading from the DI to the float valve.

Russ