PDA

View Full Version : Perculas

Bigshow
06/09/2009, 11:01 PM
I may have a problem. I have had a pair of false perculas for about 7 weeks and now i have purchased a black percula. I have read that this wouldnt be a problem but the false percs seem to be ganging up on the black perc. Any ideas or comments?

Recty
06/09/2009, 11:34 PM
It isnt that they are racist, just that they already formed a pair so they dont want another percula around.

If you only had one normal percula in the tank and introduced a black percula, you'd have a good chance of a pair forming.

Three is a crowd.

LukFox
06/10/2009, 01:41 AM
^agreed

Where did you read 3 clowns was okay, though? I've always read and witnessed two will pair off and attack the odd one out. Even keeping two pairs in the same tank is asking for trouble, unless the system is huge.

unleashed13
06/10/2009, 02:22 PM
false percs are listed to be one of the few schooling clowns.. however you added a black later down the line as one had stated the 2 had already formed a pair.. Ive done 3 maroons in one tank they did well for a couple yrs till my lion ate one lol.. but I wouldn't do that again I think that was pure luck..what I would try is catching all 3 clowns I know easier said than done..remove them from the tank place then in a bucket just for a moment or so move a rock or 2 nothing major place all 3 clown back in the tank .. black first.. they will all have to reestablish themselves again.. this is how I did it when I added new maroons.. none were purchased at the same time.. good luck

Damascus
06/10/2009, 02:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15167234#post15167234 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Recty
It isnt that they are racist, just that they already formed a pair so they dont want another percula around.

. :lol: