PDA

View Full Version : Biocube 29 Flow ?

Rob_Reef_Keeper
06/10/2009, 12:14 PM
I have a BC29. I am keeping mostly Zoas, ricordea, Acans.

I have a Korilla 1 in the back right upper corner aimed at the opposite corner (front left). I have some dead flow areas in the tank. Since the tank is small what can I do to add more flow or better flow? I dont want to add another Korilla unless its absolutely neccesary.

Maybe a Vortech MP10 - Will that make much of a difference over the Korialla1 with rockwork in place?

JeF4y
06/10/2009, 02:20 PM
All combined, I have a little over 1000 GPH right now going on in my BC29 and will have more soon when I put the monster-fuge/sump on. I had your same problem and added a second Koralia 1. I can't recommend them enough. I just love the WALL of water they push.

I have one in the back upper left and one in the back upper right. Both aimed at the front middle of the tank (one slightly higher than the other). It creates GREAT turbulence throughout the tank and doesn't add any heat like some other pumps do.

Rob_Reef_Keeper
06/11/2009, 09:04 AM
Anyone else?

seattleguy
06/11/2009, 09:24 AM
Ditto on the Koralia's. I have a 24g Aquapod with a Koralia on each side of the back wall 2/3 of the way up and aimed to bounce off the side toward the front of the tank. I use an inexpensive wave timer to create 4 different water flows and set it to the maximum duration between changes (3 min.) The cycles are: Both on, left only, right only, and both off.

I have no deal spots and the fine sand is not blown all around by the Koralia #1's It works GREAT!

Rob_Reef_Keeper
06/11/2009, 09:26 AM
I thought you could not put a Korilla on a normal wave timer?