PDA

View Full Version : Limewater-Kalkwasser

kd_lc
06/11/2009, 05:54 PM
How do you "make" it and how do you dose it? Any pics of currently running setups?

ostrow
06/11/2009, 06:06 PM
I have a Brute trashcan for my kalk reservoir. It's either a 32 or 44, I don't even know anymore!

I put a pound of kalk in the first of every month. I have a MJ that turns on for 30min after the RO refills the can (every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night). Multiple-floats wired in .... uh, it's been years ... series? parallel? whatever, it works! and a timer for the RO solenoid to guarantee a single float failure doesn't cause a flood.

I have a Chem-Tech (reeffiller) dosing pump on a timer, that puts about 3 drops a second into my sump. It shuts off for 90 min every day of the week, including the 30min stir periods described above.

All I do to adjust seasonal evaporation rate changes is adjust the 90min up or down as needed.

Works like a charm! By Tuesday night, Thursday night and Saturday night the can is about 75% empty, the RO kicks on. When it is full, the RO shuts off and at 9am on those days the MJ kicks on to stir it up good. Then the dosing pump turns back on and starts all over again.

I have a lid on the Brute can, with tubing and wiring going in through a hole in the top.

Not perfectly air tight, but this setup doesn't require it to be. It's a still reservoir.

There are sticky articles by RH-F in the Chemistry forum here.

badazztealcobra
06/11/2009, 06:34 PM
I just dose mine with a kalk reactor. It just sits inline between my top off pump and my tank.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff204/badazztealcobra/SumpMay2009.jpg