PDA

View Full Version : Toadstool Question

Sparty00
06/16/2009, 10:06 AM
Hi all,

Have a toadstool that was smaller when I purchased it (approx. 3in), and was attached to a smaller rock. To date this has grown to approx. 8 in, and the stalk is outgrowing the rock it is on so it is leaning significantly.

Question.

What is the easiest way to re-locate this toadstool, if that is even possible? How do you get it to attach to a different location?

Thanks for all replies !!

besl
06/16/2009, 10:17 AM
Just put it on th erock or base you want it to grow on... it will attach itself after several days.

Sparty00
06/16/2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for quick response.

Followup question. If it is still somewhat attached to current rock should I just remove it with blade?

When attaching it to new location should I attach it with rubber band or something, so it does not float around?

Sparty00

Followup question. If it is still somewhat attached to current rock should I just remove it with blade?

When attaching it to new location should I attach it with rubber band or something, so it does not float around?

Sparty00

besl
06/16/2009, 10:25 AM
An 8" toadstool that is already attached to a base (plug, rock, etc) should not be able to float around. You should only have to tie it down (I prefer super glue gel) when they are babies (around an inch or so).

surferboi2113
06/19/2009, 12:35 AM
if its only attached to a small rock then keep it on there. no need for unnecessary stress on the coral. plus some have trouble with leathers and superglue. they tend to come off due to there slime coat shedding tendencies.

singold
06/24/2009, 11:22 PM
+1 surferboi2113