PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry chalice Placement

DSR
06/16/2009, 03:15 PM
Greetings. i am new to having a chalice and have some questions about placement. The tank is an ap24 with 150w MH. The chalice is a raspberry chalice that is pretty good sized with five eyes.

I had noticed that it puffs up considerably when the lights are out so I moved it to an area of tank that is shaded. However, in that location it can't be seen and will likely not have much room to grow.

Do these have to be kept in low light? Would I be ok putting it on the bottom (it doesn't inflate as much there).

Any help you could provide would be great. Here is a picture of the chalice (center) when it was on the rock.
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq51/CPRimages/IMG_0118.jpg

Herb A Vore
06/16/2009, 09:05 PM
Find out how it was kept by the person you got it from. Most chalices are very hardy so as long as your tank is healthy, it should be fine in most places.

phungcpu
06/16/2009, 09:07 PM
but do always start something off low..

DSR
06/17/2009, 11:13 AM
Thank you. It was on the bottom of a rather large t5 lit tank. So the MH may have been too much originally. I have it under a ledge now in the "shade" but will gradually move it out into the light. I have read that with MH their coloration will change pretty dramatically and the result is very pleasant. So I will just take my time.