PDA

View Full Version : Tang & Angel Compatability Help Please

revaltion131
06/17/2009, 07:36 PM
I finally have my 125 upgrade ready to go and I have big question I can't seem to get an answer to.

I want a medium, as in 8-11" angel, and a tang from the Acanthurus genus for sure. The angel I have my sights set on is the Flagfin (A. trimaculatus). The tang I am leaning closer and closer to is a Lemonpeel Mimic. The big question I can't find an answer to is whether or not the tang will cause issues with the angel because of similar body shapes and colors.

Other tangs I've been looking at are the Whitecheek, Tennenti, or Atlantic Blue. I would rather change tangs than angels as I want to keep the yellow fish but really don't like Yellow Tangs or Foxfaces.

The tank is a reef. I'm equipped and ready to properly deal with the situation if the angel finds something tasty and has to go instead of the tasty item. There are no pre-existing tangs. There is a pre-existing angel, but she is a Potter's around 2.5-3".

Thanks!

Sheol
06/17/2009, 08:18 PM
Don't know about compatibility but be aware that Flagfins have a bad rep as being very delicate angels..

Matthew

revaltion131
06/18/2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah, I know they're not easy to get going, but with my research it seemed to be that they do very well once you get them established. I know where I can get a healthy one locally, so that helps. Thank you, though.

UtahReefer
06/18/2009, 10:24 AM
My Acanthurus tangs don't bother my angel at all.
I have a flameback with a bunch of tangs. No one pays any attention to the angel

Sheol
06/18/2009, 05:30 PM
Hmm, it is possible that Tangs won't pay much attention to angels since they don't directly compete for food.

Matthew

rssjsb
06/18/2009, 10:38 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15218046#post15218046 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sheol
Hmm, it is possible that Tangs won't pay much attention to angels since they don't directly compete for food.

Matthew my flagfin and kole tang compete for nori. no tears so far, but they definitely vie for space at the clip.