PDA

View Full Version : AquaIllumination LED as pendants?

Kinetic
06/24/2009, 10:19 AM
Does anybody know if the AquaIllumination LED lighting can be hung as pendants rather than on a rack? It seems like they are 12" pieces, which are fixed to a rack that sits on the tank. I was hoping to hang them above.

I have a 48" x 20" x 20", so I figure I could hang two of them 12" above the tank?

Anybody doing this? Pictures of them hanging?

SPS20
06/24/2009, 11:15 AM
Yes, you can do this.

I'm not sure if they come with hanging hardware, but the fixtures are modular, and come apart easily.

I don't see why you couldn't just take the little 12" light part and hang it by itself. The only tricky part might be finding someplace to attach hooks or brackets from which to hang it.

Kinetic
06/24/2009, 11:31 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15249565#post15249565 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SPS20
Yes, you can do this.

I'm not sure if they come with hanging hardware, but the fixtures are modular, and come apart easily.

I don't see why you couldn't just take the little 12" light part and hang it by itself. The only tricky part might be finding someplace to attach hooks or brackets from which to hang it.

yeah I'm just wondering if they come with hanging points.

jtma508
06/24/2009, 12:11 PM
Go to their site. You can download their manula. They talk about suspension mounting in there. Pretty easy from what I read.