PDA

View Full Version : 1 marroon clown vs. 2 marroon Clowns

kitkat99
06/26/2009, 02:14 PM
I have had 1 for 18+ months, about 3" big, is it a bad idea for a new one, mine is dark marroon, and Id like to get one that is lighter red.

acrylic_300
06/26/2009, 03:30 PM
You might want to check in the anemone and clown fish section of the forums.

I read some articles there that helped me mate up a maroon with a maroon gold stripe.

You will want to make sure it's a small one and introduce it slowly with a cage. Then she will nearly kill it before it gives in and does it's little dance.

The one you already have will become the female...the one you introduce will become the male.

She will beat him into submission!!!

It's a trip to watch..

Mine are still happy now a couple years later.

snorvich
06/26/2009, 03:32 PM
Yes, it is a trip to watch but it is violent to say the least. And, of course, a pair is REALLY aggressive.

acrylic_300
06/26/2009, 03:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15262968#post15262968 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
Yes, it is a trip to watch but it is violent to say the least. And, of course, a pair is REALLY aggressive.

They will definitely help you keep your hands out of the tank. :D

augustasalty
06/26/2009, 08:03 PM
Actually, I had a large female goldstripe for several years before adding a new one. Waited until we upgraded to a bigger tank, and put the new one in first. My girlfriend and I both held our breaths when we put the big one in, but they took to each other immediately. They've been paired up ever since. I was really lucky, but that method worked well for me.

Mike31154
06/26/2009, 10:01 PM
With respect to the coloration, juveniles are generally much brighter red, but most will darken to the typical maroon color as they age/mature. So be prepared for the eventual darkening in color. Having said that, my small male is definitely still brighter than the mama. The pair has been together for close to two years.

wschang812
06/27/2009, 05:41 PM
good luck.