PDA

View Full Version : Tusk not doing good!!!!!!!!!!!

aldiver311
06/26/2009, 06:55 PM
Well I acclimated the Tusk for over an hour ,drip method in a 5 gallon bucket and a live well pump. Hes been in the tank for over an hour and is upside down breathing rapidly, short shallow breaths. I can't believe this.

saltyguy51
06/26/2009, 07:29 PM
sorry to hear that, sometimes it happens and never know why

danorth
06/26/2009, 07:31 PM
Was it active in the bag when it showed up? Is the pH the same? Temp too drastic of a change?

LukFox
06/26/2009, 07:33 PM
You aren't really supposed to agitate the water of the acclimation bucket. I hear it makes the ammonia that was building up in the bag toxic as it gets oxygenated. He could be suffering from poisoning...

aldiver311
06/26/2009, 07:50 PM
I 've never heard of that before. I'm always scared of lack of oxygen. I had a Miniatus die because of that. He was breathing a little hard in the bag. They packed the fish very well. 5 bags.He is sitting up right now but still breathing very rapidly. This is the most stunning Tusk I've ever seen the pic on DD doesn't do it justice. I don't want to take any pics until its swimming around.I'm not going to be able to sleep.

MatthewLaw
06/26/2009, 07:59 PM
+1 to LukFox's comments.

i would move the fish to a QT with 'clean' water whose pH/SG is close to that of the shipped water.

aldiver311
06/26/2009, 08:04 PM
That would explain the heavy breathing. heis in a 240 gallon QT. hes all by him self in there right now tank water params. are perfect, as far as what the ph was in the bag I'll never know that water is down the drain. my ph is 8.3

MatthewLaw
06/26/2009, 08:11 PM
hmm wow a 240g QT! There is now such a little amount of 'toxic' shipping water in the 240g tank relative to the total volume of water that is in there, that hopefully the tusk should get better.

DamnPepShrimp
06/26/2009, 08:44 PM
Wasn't there something in the 240g that wiped out all your fish? Maybe that is getting to him?

aldiver311
06/26/2009, 08:49 PM
There is any of that water left in the tank. He was breathing rapidly in the bucket.He is doing better is stting up right and his breathing has slowed down alittle.

wickedfish
06/27/2009, 12:33 AM
I had my issues with Tusks, Untill i got Aus. Tusk. I had 2 indo tusks die on me before i purchased the Aus. Tusk. Mine, were doing fine though, and died exactly 2 weeks after. They say its how the catch them and before you buy them make sure they have been in the LFS for a month and eating well before you purchase. The 2 Indo, tusks were swimming around fine the first 2 days then showed the same signs, running into the rocks, floating upside down, slowly. Not saying your going to get the same result. Just keep a close eye and i would quaratine him A.S.A.P with the lights off. G-luck.