PDA

View Full Version : Got A Raw Deal

GunnerO
06/26/2009, 09:13 PM
ON JUNE 23, I PLACED AN ORDER FOR ONE (1) CD-25743 AQUALIGHT ELITE METAL HALIDE/COMPACT FLUORESCENT 48" - 542 WATT FIXTURE FOR $399.99 + $18.99 SHIPPING.

I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SENT JUNE 24, THAT MY ORDER (N10621985-1) HAD LEFT YOUR SHIPPING FACILITY AND WAS TO BE DELIVERED BY FEDEX HOME DELIVERY. I WAS GIVEN TWO TRACKING NUMBERS.

I ATTEMPTED TO TRACK THE SHIPMENT WITH THE NUMBERS PROVIDED AND FEDEX HAD NO INFO ON THEM.

JUNE 26, I FOUND A VOICE MESSAGE ON MY PHONE INDICATING THAT MY ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELED AND MY CREDIT CARD WAS ISSUED A CREDIT. I WAS TOLD THE COMPANY HAD RUN OUT OF THESE DISCONTINUED LIGHT FIXTURES. ABIT LATER, I CHECKED THE WEB SITE AND SURE ENOUGH, THE 48" FIXTURE HAD BEEN REMOVED, LIKE MAGIC! DID I GET AN EMAIL ADVISING ME OF THAT MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED, HELL NO!

I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER I LISTENED TO THE VOICE MSG. THE GAL DID CHECK AND SURE ENOUGH, NO MORE LIGHTS, NO RAIN CHECK,. OR EVEN BETTER THEY COULD HAVE OFFERED TO SUBSTITUTE THE 692 WATT UNIT IN ITS PLACE. FAT CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING, BUT SHE DID OFFER TO SELL ME THE $499.99 UNIT MINUS THE $18.99 SHIPPING CHARGE.

IF I SOUND BENT OUT OF SHAPE, MAYBE I AM. I DON'T GO AROUND BUYING $400.00 LIGHTS EVERY DAY, AND HAVING THE "RUG, PULLED OUT FROM UNDER ME" REALLY STINKS.

I'VE SAID MY PIECE, NOW ITS TIME TO MOVE ON.... :thumbdown

dfs/la2
06/27/2009, 07:39 AM
GunnerO,

Thank you for contacting us. We sent you a PM regarding this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Stacie R.
Technical Support
LiveAquaria.com (http://www.liveaquaria.com/)

iFisch
06/27/2009, 10:07 AM
GunnerO,

Give DFS a chance to solve/fix this. They have the best customer service, hands down. You will not, find better customer service, anywhere, period.

"DID I GET AN EMAIL ADVISING ME OF THAT MY ORDER WAS CANCELLED, HELL NO!"

Nope, no e-mail. A phone call is way more personal. This shows their attention to detail. If received a phone call, over an e-mail, I'd be more impressed. However, I would like both, if I were in your situation. An e-mail explaining this, and a phone call with an apology.

DFS will work with you, please, give them the chance.