PDA

View Full Version : Rearrange the tank

StarGazer_1
06/26/2009, 11:02 PM
I was thinking about moving stuff around.
Right now everything goes lengthwise up the middle.
This allows acces to all glass for cleaning.
55 gal long, 12 inches deep, 4 feet long.
If I pile everything to the back wall it would give me more room for corals.
But how to clean behind the wall?
Do I uproot everything down the road then?
Or do I bother?

Thx.
Salt roolz!!!!

Shane Hoffman
06/26/2009, 11:11 PM
Make sure you have some folow behind the rocks and dont bother...I actually buried a powerhead (cheap aquaclear 70) behind the rock wall in my 150...its built just how your describing in your 55....I have about 175 to 200 lbs of rock.....I have the aquaclear mounted behind the right side of rockwall pointing straight left.......this pump has a screen on it and gets removed once a year for a vinegar soakig...I only have to move 3 rocks to remove it

StarGazer_1
06/26/2009, 11:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15264900#post15264900 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shane Hoffman
Make sure you have some folow behind the rocks and dont bother...I actually buried a powerhead (cheap aquaclear 70) behind the rock wall in my 150...its built just how your describing in your 55....I have about 175 to 200 lbs of rock.....I have the aquaclear mounted behind the right side of rockwall pointing straight left.......this pump has a screen on it and gets removed once a year for a vinegar soakig...I only have to move 3 rocks to remove it

Cool Idea Thx!!
Another ?.
I get grey silt under my rock. i see it in the nooks and cranny's.
Do I blow that out with a powerhead and let my cannister filter get it?