PDA

View Full Version : Dipping Corals? How & What?

JCR's Reef
06/27/2009, 08:59 AM
I would like to know what you guys are using to dip coral before they go in the tank?
I have searched but I dont think there is a thread that lists all precedures. I have dipped in the past according to what I have read what little information I have gathered.
I recieved a frag the other day that had a few flatworms on it. I put the frag in a small bowl and put 20 drops in this small bowl (about 4 cups of water) of flatworm exit and let sit for an hour. The flatworms where still alive. Now thats alot for only 4 cups of water isnt it? I ended up manually removing them but what if there where eggs on it?
Now this week I have an order coming in and I havent found a treatment that will work other than interceptor. Interceptor is the only thing I have found that actually works. Only problem is it only works for red bugs that I have found. Iodine hasnt actually killed anythig either in my experince. Iodine IMO only helps for stress.
What treatment (s) actually do work battleing against other pest like AEFW? Zoo spider? Etc..?
How long are your dips? And what do you use? Does anyone douple medicate?
Is there a good site that will list precedures?
Any insight will be helpful.

snorvich
06/27/2009, 09:28 AM
I use Revive

gem
06/27/2009, 09:32 AM
I use lugol's solution and then revive. :D

reefboy1994
06/27/2009, 09:47 AM
i use melafix

BLKTANG
06/27/2009, 09:55 AM
TMPCC here.

luther1200
06/27/2009, 10:20 AM
I also use TMPCC ( Tropic MArin Pro Coral Cure ). I did it for 10 to15 minutes. It kills things on frags when I use it. Once I dipped a large Acro colony and didn't know it had an Acro crab in there. Well needless to say he didn't make it. I have also seen flatworms fall off. You may have to shake it around, but I have had good results with it.

I have heard of some other stuff that people say works good, but I can't think of the name.