PDA

View Full Version : JBJ 28 hqi and Micro bubbles

zburdick3036
06/28/2009, 12:36 PM
I have a JBJ 28 HQI that has been running for a month. I am still going through my green and brown algee phase. What i seem to be having an issue with now is micro bubbles coming in from both returns.

What I have tried to do is run the water level a little high hoping that any air that may have been coming in form the pump when returning water would pull in water and not air. Thought that was working but I could still see bubbles coming in.

Next I got some small hose clamps and did my best to make sure that the hose on the return elbow was on tight and not allowing air to come in.

I can still see bubbles coming into the tank. When looking at the tanks filtration system each side of the tank has a filter medium that the over flowing water runs down when filling the pump chamber. I assume the function of this black filter media is to prevent the water from falling fast and bringing air to the pump.

Anyone have this tank that has experienced the same issue? I am using the protein skimmer that came with the tank. That is cranked up on max, if i turn it down any more the water will not foam enough to pull out protein. The protein it is pulling out is dark brown so i know their is protein to remove.

Thoughts?

--Zac