PDA

View Full Version : Got A Raw Deal, The Sequel

GunnerO
06/28/2009, 04:06 PM
ON FRIDAY, I GOT A RESPONSE FROM THE DRS. TECH SUPPORT TEAM AND I WAS OFFERED A DISCOUNT IF I BOUGHT THE 692 WATT FIXTURE, AS THE 542 WATT FIXTURE I HAD ORDERED WAS COMPLETELY SOLD OUT EVEN THOUGH THEY EMAILED ME WITH PURCHASE AND SHIPPING INFO. I DID TALK TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT ON FRIDAY AND TOLD THEM I HAD TO THINK ABOUT THE PURCHASE OF THE 692 AS I MIGHT BE TOO STRONG FOR MY TANK.

SUNDAY AFTERNOON I CALLED TO ORDER THE 692 WATT ALSO CALLED CATALOG # CD-25745. I TALKED WITH TWO LADIES AFTER RELATING THE STORY OF THE EMAIL DISCOUNT AND REQUESTED IF THEY COULD ALSO SEND THE UNIT FOR FREE.

AFTER A TOTAL OF 45 MINUTES,, MOSTLY ON HOLD DURING CONFIRMATIONS, ETC. I WAS TOLD THAT THE DRS. WOULD HONOR THE DISCOUNT AND WOULD SEND THE UNIT FREE OF CHARGE. GREAT NEWS, I THOUGHT!!! WHEN THE CATALOG # WAS INPUTED INTO HER COMPUTER, THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT GAL TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE "OUT OF STOCK" AND THE MANUFACTURER WOULD NOT RESUPPLY.

IS THE WEB SITE STILL OFFERING THE 692 WATT LIGHT FIXTURE, YOU BET, IT HASN'T BEEN TAKEN DOWN, EITHER I'VE BEEN "BLACKLISTED", OR THEY HAVEN'T GOT A CLUE WHAT'S IN THEIR INVENTORY. I GUESS I'LL KEEP LOOKING AROUND TILL I FIND A LIGHT FIXTURE I CAN GET MY HANDS AROUND.

THE END

dfs/la2
06/28/2009, 06:16 PM
GunnerO,

Thank you for your post. We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused by this light fixture being discontinued. Per our phone conversation, we are in the process of updating the website to remove this item. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to assisting you with future orders.

Sandy C.
LiveAquaria (liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (drsfostersmith.com)

OneReef
07/13/2009, 08:25 PM
I have always been totally impressed with DR. F&S customer service.

Labman48076
07/16/2009, 03:43 PM
sorry Dr. fosters for me has also been fantastic. I have to confess I never read your post. I can't stand the caps but I can assure you F&S is a very mush into customer care!

gradth
07/30/2009, 09:34 PM
You know its funny you posted this. While every experience I have had with DR foster and Smith has been a good one, I had the exact same experience that you did with my aqualite elite MH's.

They had them on special, I ordered them and was very excited since I was setting up my 180 reef. Took my card, got a confirmation, the whole deal. About 3 days later I get a phone call telling me they were out of stock and would not get them back in, "would you like something else". Was dissapointed, but ok. A week later I check the website, and they still have them listed for sale. I called the customer service(the lady was more then helpful) and she thought it was odd. She put an order through herself and it came back with a negative stock amount. "sorry I guess we dont have them and it looks like we wont, do you want something else?". Nope, fustrated but ok. 4 Days later I check the website and they are still for sale:mad: . For giggles, I just ordered them. A week later I had my lights on my tank. Same price, same item they "were never getting again".:D

No clue, my guess is they had a inventory snafu. All said and done I was irritated, but I still got a great deal on great lights and still got great customer service from the lady that tried to help me. I also had some chemicals spill on an order and I called and they had me a new bottle in about 2 days.

dfs/la2
07/31/2009, 06:46 AM
Gradth,

Thank you for your kind comments. We sent you a PM.

Stacie R.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/)

aquaticvet1
07/31/2009, 07:50 AM
Hi Stacie, Gradth and Gunner,
I sent an email to manager Laura so she can research what happened to cause inventories to not match our Website offerings. We have an error in communication somewhere, our mistake.

Please accept my apologies for the items being out of stock, we will provide an explanation and all customers will be satisfied. Stacie will do whatever you need her to do to rectify the situation.

Thank you, Race

DFS/LA1
07/31/2009, 09:43 AM
Gradth and GunnerO,

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to express your concerns about the availability of the Aqualight Elite light fixtures. We apologize for the confusion that was caused with these units. The product had been discontinued; however, the manufacturer was able to offer us a very limited supply. It seems that when our inventory got down to a few units left, our online offering and actual inventory were not matching, therefore the problems that you mentioned occurred. This issue has been rectified in our systems and we thank you for pointing out the problem.

If anyone has any further questions regarding these fixtures please do not hesitate to contact usóweíre always happy to help.

Laura A.

gradth
07/31/2009, 09:58 PM
Like I said, I eventually got my light and am very happy with it. Inventory problems happen, I was just glad I didnt miss out on the great deal you guys had on my light. You saved me hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for the response, again great customer service.