PDA

View Full Version : Wave controller

tinnghe
06/29/2009, 08:00 AM
Got 2 koralia 8 and am looking for a controller that can slow down the movement then give it a surge. I also have a ac3

DarG
06/29/2009, 08:23 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15274610#post15274610 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tinnghe
Got 2 koralia 8 and am looking for a controller that can slow down the movement then give it a surge. I also have a ac3

The only controller I know of that rails the flow down and up with AC pumps is the Seio controller. It is technically made only for some of the Seio models. I use it with mixed results on Koralia and Tunze nanos. The pumps tended to chatter sometimes when the controller ran them at reduced speed (50% if memory serves). There may be others out there now but most wave controllers are on-off.
The Koralia 3 and 4's tended to chatter for a second on start up so again, in my experience, these arent great pumps for use on controllers.

The best options for controllable pumps are the DC pumps ... Koralia, Tunze, Vortech and some cheaper brands available now as well (ie. Resun). Rio/Seio makes one or more controllable DC pumps as well now, I think. But you probably know this already.

Maybe there is something more recent on the market that will work but again, the Seio is the only one I am aware of. I havent been keeping a watch though so who knows ...

Good luck.

tinnghe
06/29/2009, 12:45 PM
I indeed set mine up on the ac3 with on and off I would like to keep it running with dial down instead