PDA

View Full Version : Vortech falling off tank wall

rachelcb80
06/29/2009, 09:16 AM
I've had an Elos Mini with a MP20w Vortech for about three months now. For about the last month I've been having problems with my Vortech falling off the tank wall. Best I can tell the glass is 5/16" thick so I've tried setting the Vortech spacer on 1/4" and 3/8" but neither one holds the pump on the wall any better than the other. It will hold fine for a few minutes or a few days, but at some point it will fall again. I don't know if it's a related issue or a separate issue but the pump will periodically stop. If I unplug and plug back in it starts back up. Sometimes the light blinks from green to red, other times the light isn't on at all.

I am in contact with Ecotech regarding these issues and they're in the process of helping me but I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and what the problem ended up being.

WaterssretaW
06/29/2009, 10:27 AM
That was happening to me. I called Ecotech and they gave me a replacement white bearing and wet-side cover; now it works great.

Its falling off because there is friction on the propeller. Try spinning the propeller, if it doesnt spin freely there is a bearing problem.

Post this in the Ecotech forum.

rachelcb80
06/29/2009, 11:40 AM
Looks like we had the same problem. I've been told by one of their customer service guys that the bearing and driveshaft are the problem. They're sending me out replacement parts. Great customer service by the way. This is the second time I've dealt with Ecotech (not on the same pumps though) and they've been very polite and prompt both times.