PDA

View Full Version : NIGHTMARE about my reef!

SnowManSnow
06/29/2009, 10:31 AM
ya, so early this morning i start having this dream....

1st i dream I'm walking through the house and my 5 yr old has all my nice coral frags out on the carpet using them as weapons from his transformers! I check them out and they are dying, so I stick them back in and hope for the best...

when i touch the water i notice it is ICE COLD! I go over to the electric compartment of my stand and notice that not only are all my outlets and devices UNPLUGGED, but they are completely GONE!!!

Frantically, I start looking for them and find all the electric gizmos in a little tub hidden under one of the curtains in the floor in the living room! so.. i try to get life support back on.

i also find a small dish with like 30 or so yellow blennies in it.. all about dead.. so i'm stuffing them back in my tank, along with a whole bunch of other half dead fish I've never even seen before.

Only 1 tube on my t5 will light, so I can just see enough to see every fish floating belly up (probably 50 or 60 assorted weird Dr. Suess looking things) and every coral starting to turn clear... with the exception of one ENORMOUS softie who has grown to the size of my HEAD and is moving like a heart beat and ingesting everything in the tank.

Needless to say the tank was the first thing I checked when I woke up.

I think it all stemmed from ordering a kalk reactor last week without telling my wife hahaha.

B

DamnPepShrimp
06/29/2009, 10:35 AM
HAHAHA that gave me a good laugh. I'm guessing the tank is all ok? Does your wife know about the kalk reactor yet?

SnowManSnow
06/29/2009, 10:39 AM
The tank is fine, except one really nice ORA birds nest fell off the rack last night onto the sand haha.

and wife DOESN"T know about the reactor, nor should she!!!

B

chris4869
06/29/2009, 10:45 AM
Dude you need to tell her! The guilt is killing you! :lol:

DamnPepShrimp
06/29/2009, 10:47 AM
Or its bad luck and karma is gonna take it out on your tank!

Sugar Magnolia
06/29/2009, 10:50 AM
LOL, I've had bad dreams about my tank. Sadly, yesterday and today I'm living in one. RTN and STN. :(

SnowManSnow
06/29/2009, 11:02 AM
IM not guilty! i just didnt tell anyone haha... never had a dream about my tank like that haha... .its..... disconcerting..

b

sikpupy
06/29/2009, 11:48 AM
Uhm....... If you have any of that ........stuff........ left over, can you mail me some? Dr suess fish!? I am all up for that!! :lol: :D

reeferoo
06/29/2009, 11:58 AM
This brightened my morning!

What a vivid dream- I can imagine the horror!

Glad to hear everything is alright!

SnowManSnow
06/29/2009, 11:59 AM
glad to know my horror brightened your morning haha

ForSaleByAndy
06/29/2009, 12:31 PM
LOL --

That's funny.

Having just recently joined and being about 3 weeks into my tank (and subsequent obsession) I've noticed myself thinking about my tank as I go to sleep.

Haven't had a dream yet, but I am sure I will.