PDA

View Full Version : Where do I get warranty or replacement parts?

kobesan
06/29/2009, 03:49 PM
I have a Tunze Nano wavebox and Nano Cleaner both have stopped working, I had these for about 6 months. I tried cleaning them but the pumps are all sealed and I can't get inside to clean.

The Wavebox has become very weak and doesn't turn at all. The Cleaner still works but is making a loud clicking noise.

Any way I can fix these or what should I do? Thanks

Pete

rvitko
06/29/2009, 03:56 PM
Neither pump is sealed, the basic parts like the impeller can be accessed and cleaned like any other pump, the manuals show how. In Canada you would need to contact Xenia for repairs and parts, there info can be found on Tunze.com under dealer addresses for Canada.

kobesan
06/30/2009, 05:18 AM
"The basic parts like the impeller", that I got accesses to but didn't solve the problem. The rest of the pump is sealed, correct?

rvitko
06/30/2009, 09:01 AM
Yes, but all that is in the sealed portion is an electromagnet coil and some electronics, nothing that is repairable. Please contact your dealer or the distributor for Canada for warranty service.

kobesan
08/22/2009, 11:52 AM
Roger, with all due respect. I have already conactef your warranty service for Canada the day you advised me to and still have yet to recieve any parts. I had been promised by Phil that the parts would ship out next week numerous times and still have yet gotten anything in the mail. Because of this I have started to see my corals openning less as my wave box is now out of service. During this time I had to purchase extra power heads because I don't know when or if actually I would get any parts to fix my wavebox.

I have heard poor warranty service for your Canadian supportors before but never thought it would happen to me. I am very disappointed in Tunze for their lack of support for such great products they design.

Bryan
08/22/2009, 02:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15574555#post15574555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kobesan

I have heard poor warranty service for your Canadian supportors before but never thought it would happen to me.

I feel your pain Kobesan. Been there, done that. Tunze service/support in Canada is terrible. Tunze service/support in the U.S. is excellent.

kobesan
08/24/2009, 08:39 AM
This definately makes me think twice before buying another Tunze product.

rvitko
08/24/2009, 11:37 AM
I am sorry for your experience. What part did you need? If you would be willing to bear with some delay for us to get to the post office and do the customs papers (a few days max) and pay the shipping, I would be willing to send what you need.

kobesan
08/24/2009, 04:32 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. I don't mind waiting or paying for shipping. I need these parts badly to get my pumps going again.

I need the replacement motor/sealed pump for my nano wavebox 6206 and nano cleaner 3165.

I don't know exactly what part I need as Phil never told me what he was planning to send me. But if you read my original post you can find out what my problem is.

Thanks

rvitko
08/25/2009, 12:18 PM
Sending a PM.