06/30/2009, 07:05 PM
Well I added 2 Blue Chromis's,

So far they are doing well, water param were still good,

Am 0ppm
N02 0ppm
N03 between 0 and 5ppm
1.023 sg
temp 77'

These are the first fish to set fin into my tank and i'm happy to see some life in there. The next week or so i'm going to closly monitor the tank and see how they do before adding anything else.

I feed them some Brine Shrimp, (frozen stuff rinsed with RO/DI water), but they didn't seem to enjoy it much. They were very hungry at first and ate the smaller peices but didn't really pay much attention to the larger ones. What else do these guys like to eat?

Once I get more fish/corals/inverts I will make a mix of food but for now what's a popular dish for these guys?

Indymann99
06/30/2009, 07:37 PM
My 6 Green Chromis in QT are eating cyclops like no tomorrow.

I will post a pict later in the week... lazy

Kakabub
06/30/2009, 07:39 PM
I started my tank with a schoal of chromis and they pretty much eat anything I feed them, frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, formula 1 pellets and formula 2 frozen food. They dont seem to like the formula 2 stuff as much as the rest but will still eat it if they haven't been fed in a while. I love how they always stay together and have a really mellow temperament when adding new residents to the tank.

nosecondz
06/30/2009, 11:04 PM
Yeh i have three chromis, and they seem to like brine. One doesn't school with the other two and he is the bigger of the three, anyone have any that do that?

Kakabub
07/01/2009, 01:02 AM
same here, I have 7 and one always seems to be on the other side of the tank from the group.

Whys
07/01/2009, 01:11 AM
I've read Cromis school in response to fear. Often they will school while at the fish store because unfamiliar forms are always walking by and tapping on the glass. When unafraid, they often will not school. Thus the one large one that refuses to school probably just thinks himself a bad a**. :)

In fact, he might not be avoiding the others. The others might be avoiding him and is possibly the reason the others are schooling. Just a thought.