PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried a blueface, koran angel mix?

psilentchild
06/30/2009, 10:28 PM
Just wondering how did it work for those of you who tried it

NuTom
07/01/2009, 06:40 AM
Yes it works. I've just done it.

I've had my Koran for about 3-4 years and a few months ago my wife surprised me with a 4" Blueface which is smaller than the Koran which is around 6". I placed the well established Koran in the sump for about 4 weeks to let the Blueface adjust to his surroundings. When he was well adjusted, the Koran was then placed back in the DT and to my surprise the Blueface was beating up on the Koran like crazy. This all calmed down within two days.

I never would have thought that the Blueface would own my tank. Tankmates are 6" Bluethroat trigger(Real aggressive), 3" Convict Tang(Passive) , 4" Niger Trigger(Passive) , 2.5" Blue Angel(Tough guy), 3" Emperor Angel(Passive) , 6" Koran Angel(Tough but not tough enough) and my prized 4" Blueface(The King).

lesleybird
07/01/2009, 12:15 PM
Depends on your tank size and the size of the fish and order of introduction. What size is your tank? Lesley

DamnPepShrimp
07/01/2009, 05:17 PM
psilentchilds tank is plenty big. You should have no problems with the two. I'd add them at the same time if possible. Just don't add two juvis since both do look similar when young.

kirkaz
07/01/2009, 06:54 PM
I think it would be like combining any 2 Pomacanthus Angels, given large enough tank (which you have) and appropriate introduction you should be fine....Personally I think Koran's are underrated, a large adult Koran is quite stunning.

DamnPepShrimp
07/01/2009, 08:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15290051#post15290051 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirkaz
I think it would be like combining any 2 Pomacanthus Angels, given large enough tank (which you have) and appropriate introduction you should be fine....Personally I think Koran's are underrated, a large adult Koran is quite stunning.

I agree....

http://www.starfish.ch/photos/fishes-Fische/angelfishes-Kaiserfische/Pomacanthus-semicirculatus3.jpg

http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/images/3325_adultkoran.jpg