PDA

View Full Version : World Reef Confrence '09 @ Rosemont

1DeR9_3Hy
07/01/2009, 11:12 AM
Anyone ever gone to this before? I will be at the Backer show that weekend, and can get into the confrence for free on Sunday. But i would have to postpone my return flight and leave later in order to go.

It sounds pretty cool, but i would like to hear some experiences if anyone has anything to share!

http://www.worldreefconference.com/

KJAhp098
07/01/2009, 04:22 PM
Can you get into the reef conference for free if you're a vendor in the Backer show?

kvn1691
07/01/2009, 06:00 PM
Oh I can't wait I live 20 minutes away!

1DeR9_3Hy
07/02/2009, 09:35 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15289263#post15289263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KJAhp098
Can you get into the reef conference for free if you're a vendor in the Backer show?

Anyone with a backer pass can get into the reef conference for free, but only Sunday. I guess they are also letting the reef conference people go into the backer show, but again...only Sunday.

Is their not going to be many people attending this? I figured their would be a few more responses for something of this scale.

GreshamH
07/02/2009, 10:20 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15287520#post15287520 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 1DeR9_3Hy
Anyone ever gone to this before?

Trick question....first time for the show so no one could have ever gone before :)

1DeR9_3Hy
07/02/2009, 10:49 AM
hmmm....really? lol

Well, that would be tricky then.

GreshamH
07/02/2009, 10:54 AM
It should be good FWIW :)

I have reservations about the show just because I have never run two booths at two shows in the same building before :lol:

It gets a little confusing to me when you toss Midwest FragFest into the mix as well. So you have a show that is inside another show that both are yet in another show?

FiberLux
07/09/2009, 09:12 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15293084#post15293084 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 1DeR9_3Hy
Anyone with a backer pass can get into the reef conference for free, but only Sunday. I guess they are also letting the reef conference people go into the backer show, but again...only Sunday.

Is their not going to be many people attending this? I figured their would be a few more responses for something of this scale.

Sorry I totally missed this question! With your Backer pass, you will be able to get into the frag fest portion of World Reef Conference. You'll be able to visit the WRC vendors, purchase raffle tickets and attend the raffle and auction on Sundat afternoon.

In order to attend the speaker sessions and workshops, you would need to purchase a WRC conference pass. We'll also be offering daily passes closer to the event. The workshops will include "Build a Reefball" DIY and photography subjects.

You may go to www.worldreefconferenced.com for additional information on the programs and details.

Look forward to seeing you in October at WRC09! :D

Boyd

FiberLux
07/09/2009, 09:18 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15293551#post15293551 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GreshamH
It should be good FWIW :)

I have reservations about the show just because I have never run two booths at two shows in the same building before :lol:

It gets a little confusing to me when you toss Midwest FragFest into the mix as well. So you have a show that is inside another show that both are yet in another show?

Hi Gresham, :)

We're thrilled to have Reed Mariculture joining WRC as a vendor. We don't mean to confuse everyeone with two names! :o

World Reef Conference and Frag Fest are two portions of the same overall event. When you sign up for WRC09, it's all good! :rollface:

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there!

Boyd :D

FiberLux
07/09/2009, 09:22 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15289263#post15289263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by KJAhp098

Yes, you will be able to get into the vendor area. You'll also be able to take part in the raffle and auction.

Both Backer and WRC are offering discounts to vendors who exhibit at both events. You might consider this option. You can get additional information at www.worldreefconference.com.

See you in October!

KJAhp098
07/09/2009, 09:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15329682#post15329682 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FiberLux
Yes, you will be able to get into the vendor area. You'll also be able to take part in the raffle and auction.

Both Backer and WRC are offering discounts to vendors who exhibit at both events. You might consider this option. You can get additional information at www.worldreefconference.com.

See you in October!

Thanks, Boyd.

1DeR9_3Hy
07/09/2009, 10:58 AM
All good info! Ive been stashing some money back for the past month or so and i will keep doing so until then just in case i see a must have piece :)

Gresh, do you have your backer booth # yet?

colettefairchil
07/13/2009, 09:51 AM
Colette Fairchild here, Trade Show Director for H.H. Backer's Pet Industry Christmas Trade Show, October 2-4. As many of you know, we are co-locating with CMAS's World Reef Conference and Midwest Frag Fest. I wanted to clarify exactly who's admitted to each event and what our show policies are as there are some misconceptions out there about how the show will actually operate.

WRC will be held in a separate hall from the Backer show, adjacent to our aquatics area (called "Aquatic Answers"). Registered, paid WRC members may view the Backer aquatics hall on Sunday, October 4 only.

Hobbyists may not purchase products/services in the Backer aquatics hall, only on the WRC side, since we are a trade show. We will have a regional retail store guide available for for hobbyists who may be interested in the products in our aquatics hall. This guide will include store names, addresses and basic contact information.

Hobbyist badges and retail store badges will be distinctly different so that exhibitors can differentiate the type of buyer visiting each booth. Security will be checking badges carefully at both shows to be certain that only qualified attendees have access to the proper halls.

CMAS and H.H. Backer's whole goal in co-location is to generate interest in the aquarium hobby, as new interest is good for both hobbyists and retailers. The educational sessions that CMAS is offering are outstanding, too.

Complete info is available at www.hhbacker.com or www.worldreefconference.com on both shows. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions in the forum at any time, so please feel free to post a question or e-mail me at cfairchild@hhbacker.com.