PDA

View Full Version : external pump suggestions

lotsoftats
07/01/2009, 07:43 PM
Guys I am looking for a external pump that has a needlewheel and venturi...I need it to run a big skimmer...the skimmer is 10x10x7 square base and a 7" round body and overall height of 18" I bought it from a local guy for 5 bucks it needs to be put back together with some weldon. but I figured it could get it to run cheaper than buying a new one.....any suggestions.......thanks in advance

mike

james3370
07/01/2009, 09:36 PM
not sure if this is even what you are referring, but i did notice that marine depot list prices on the mag pump either regular or w/ a "fractioning impeller" & the description mentions a venturi
:confused:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_AquariumPage~PageAlias~powerheads_pumps_danner_mag_drive_supreme.html

andywe
07/01/2009, 10:13 PM
You might look at the Sicce, Tunze 9420.40, or the ATB...they are pinwheel pumps. You coul also see about a caralife needlwheel..good bang for buck but not as much a performer as the three I lsited first...definately cheaper.

NeveSSL
07/02/2009, 12:53 AM
You can also get a Reeflo Orca with a needlewheel. That thing is a huge skimmer pump. Ask Bill, he has one. :)

Brandon