PDA

View Full Version : LTA and bare bottom?

75pxatr
07/02/2009, 10:24 AM
I have gone bare bottom on my new 120 gallon and seem to get mixed opinions if long tentacle anemone's will adapt to a bare bottom.

Please add your comments.

Toddrtrex
07/02/2009, 10:30 AM
It won't be happy, and I don't seeing it attach. The only option I see is putting a tupperware bowl in the tank with some sand in it -- at least 3 inches -- could put some rocks around it to hide it. But, even with doing that you can't be sure the spot you pick for the bowl is the best spot for the anemone.

davocean
07/02/2009, 10:39 AM
Everyone I know that has tried the tupperware trick didn't work out.
You could get lucky I guess, but may just turn out to be a headache.
It's a real bummer when they detach, and float all over.

elegance coral
07/02/2009, 07:38 PM
My haddoni has been in the same plastic container for about the past 6 months. It was ill from hypothermia when I placed it there. Now it's healed and back to its old self. I believe Traveler7 has had great success with this technique as well.

I also have two LTA's. They will attach when they don't have sand, but they will not sit still. They will sometimes even let go and let the flow take them somewhere else where they reattach. Over time they begin to shrink. I believe it's because of all the extra energy they are spending. When they have sand, and the other conditions are right, they don't move.