PDA

View Full Version : Marineland Corner Flow or Aqueon Megaflow

Xiaan42
07/02/2009, 03:05 PM
I am looking to upgrade my display tank from a 38G to a 65G tank.
I would like to minimize space so I am planning on getting an internal overflow with the bottom drilled. unfortunately both Aqueon and Marineland sell there 65G (36x18x24) tanks with a tempered bottom so there is no way I can drill the bottom of them. and they are the only two aquarium manufactures that I have easily have access to and that sell a 65G tank. (I would relay like to get DSA 70G Pro but no one sells them in Canada)

So now I am looking at getting one of there pre-drilled tanks I would like to have anyone opinions on the two eather the Marineland Corner Flow or Aqueon Megaflow.

rs1831
07/02/2009, 09:57 PM
I sort of in the same situation except I'm looking for a 75. I like the corner flow a lot more because of space plus I like the black silicone with the marineland. Besides that they seem like the same tank.

GTriever
07/03/2009, 04:06 AM
I've got a Mega-Flow setup, and the concept works OK with reservations. I haven't seen a pre-drilled tank yet (except for special order and custom jobs) that had enough flow out-of-the-box. If you do buy one, my recommendation would be to use both bulkheads as drains and then to either go over the top or have the back drilled for your return(s) and a closed loop.

Xiaan42
07/03/2009, 07:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15297647#post15297647 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GTriever
I've got a Mega-Flow setup, and the concept works OK with reservations. I haven't seen a pre-drilled tank yet (except for special order and custom jobs) that had enough flow out-of-the-box. If you do buy one, my recommendation would be to use both bulkheads as drains and then to either go over the top or have the back drilled for your return(s) and a closed loop.

I was also concerned about the flow right now I am running with two basic 1 1/2" overflows in my 38G Tank and my flow rate is around 300GPH - 400GPH from my sump.

I was thinking about tuning both holes into the drain the one for the main drain and one for the backup.

What size of holes does each of them have (I think they might be 1" and 3/4")

sjm817
07/03/2009, 08:10 AM
Dont worry about flow. Use both for drains if you want a Herbie silent overflow. If not, one for drain, one for return is fine.

I would choose based on aesthetics. Which side is the corner overflow on? Is that end very visible from the typical viewing angle? If so, you may want a back overflow instead.