PDA

View Full Version : RED bugs... dose inteceptor?

RockinSmall
07/03/2009, 01:05 PM
so i hve these interceptor tablets.. how do i use them... i have a large acro colony with them and prolly 30 frags that i should treat...

rigleautomotive
07/03/2009, 01:15 PM
this was the original thread started by Dustin Dirton from ORA Corals on how to do the treatment.not much has changed except that many of us err on the side of slight overdoses with no problems
Red Bug Treatment (http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic45787-80.html)

and here is melevs treatment from his sight
melevs red bug treatment (http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html)

Good luck

volcom69
07/03/2009, 02:31 PM
I just went by melves sight, and did it that way. I did 3 seprate treatments, once a week and all red bugs were killed, with my poor shrimp i could not catch.

RockinSmall
07/03/2009, 04:00 PM
will a clam and anemones be safe to use inteceptor with?

rigleautomotive
07/03/2009, 04:04 PM
yes,only shrimp and crabs take a hit

RockinSmall
07/03/2009, 04:08 PM
ok.. i wanna double check... i bought a large pill... only one acro, a new one, appears to have bugs. it sat with the others for about 2 days before i noticed bugs. i have a 29 gallon biocube... i was thinkinging 1/4 the pill is what i drop into the tank, correct????????

rigleautomotive
07/03/2009, 04:19 PM
a large pill could do 300 gallons safely so i would crush the whole pill up real fine and separate it into the right dosage like that.then add it to 8 ounces of tank water and mix it up to disolve the pill and then add.i dont know what your total water volume (sump,rock displacement etc...) is so i cant tell you how much to use.

RockinSmall
07/03/2009, 05:11 PM
its just 29 gallons total... no sump

rigleautomotive
07/03/2009, 06:13 PM
i would go with dividing it into 8.that should be plenty to kill the bugs,follow the directions in the links i gave you,with a 25 % water change and fresh carbon ,i like waiting 12 hours after the dose to do the WC and adding the carbon.

volcom69
07/03/2009, 06:17 PM
I would cut the pill into 3 seperate dosages 1/4 or less will be fine for your tank. I took out all filters carbon, and if you have a skimmer let the skimmer run but with just water going through it.

Take a cup of your tank water, crush the pill up into real fine dust add it to your cup of water and stir around till there is no dust left, then poor it to your tank evenly, and thats it. I did a water change next morning and put everything back and started the skimmer back up. Did the same thing the next week.