PDA

View Full Version : 20g predator?

dzb912
07/05/2009, 02:07 PM
Hey guys
I have an extra 20g tank laying around.
I was wondering what kind of predatory fish could fit in this tank?

reefman8471
07/05/2009, 02:32 PM
A small colony of leaf fish would be nice especially if you can find three or four of different colors. They can be found in yellow, red and black. I am not sure of any other colors. Also a similar scorpionfish species called a waspfish would be nice as well. In addition a fu manchu lionfish stays small enough. They are a little more difficult to keep. Lastly a small species of anglerfish. You wouldn't necessarily want to keep all of these fish in the same aquarium.

James

dzb912
07/06/2009, 12:57 PM
hmmm anything more aggressive?

evsalty
07/06/2009, 01:04 PM
Damsels or psuedo's.

insteng
07/06/2009, 02:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15308138#post15308138 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefman8471
A small colony of leaf fish would be nice especially if you can find three or four of different colors. They can be found in yellow, red and black. I am not sure of any other colors. Also a similar scorpionfish species called a waspfish would be nice as well. In addition a fu manchu lionfish stays small enough. They are a little more difficult to keep. Lastly a small species of anglerfish. You wouldn't necessarily want to keep all of these fish in the same aquarium.

James

I had a couple of leaf fish and a Fu Manchu in a 20H and it looked really good. I also had some sargassum fish in there once but they ate each other. The one that was left was almost the same size as the one it ate. It is amazing how big of fish some of them can eat.