PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator

kbd
03/22/2003, 02:04 PM
Sir,

I am looking for a level "system" which will (a) trigger a top-up pump when the sump level falls below a point (b) cut the pump when the level exceeds a (higher) point and (c) also cut my main sump-tank pumps should the level in the main tank exceed a certain point.

The latter should never ever happen.....but, well, you know....and closed loops and streams should keep things rippling upstairs is this happens.

I am sure that the 3155 satisfies the first two (and provides a pump), unsure about the third.

Second, should I wish to use my own pump for top-up (depending upon which Kalc stirrer I choose), is it correct to say that 3150.11 is simply 3155, without the pump but with a relay switch to attach my own choice ?

Many many thanks for your advice, and also for this very valuable section.

kim

rvitko
03/24/2003, 10:47 AM
Hi,

The 3155 will meet your first two requirements. The system runs on 9-12V and comes with a small DC pump. The part 3150.11 is an accessory that allows you to use a pump of your choosing. The low voltage switches a relay in a socket to allow you to use a 115 or 230V pump depending on where you are located. To satisfy the third requirement you would want a 7607/2 Water Level Alarm. This device has a switched socket connected to three float switches. One monitors the tank and two monitor the sump for too high or too low. When the sump is too high an alarm sounds. When the sump is too low and return pumps could be burned out the units shuts off any pumps connected to the socket, up to a 300W load. When the tank is too high the same thing happens.

kbd
03/24/2003, 11:04 AM
Sneaky....making me buy all that kit ! :) :)

Many many thanks for your quick reply and the serial numbers (which really help).

kim