PDA

View Full Version : Anems Regurgitating....

MERCURYROCKET
07/07/2009, 04:20 PM
bought 5 new clones about 4 weeks ago when i feed these nems there silversides , they regurgitate back up in about 12-16 hours as whole pieces .as if they are not digesting it....the pieces are cut smaller than the mouth .....this behavior is quite qifferent fom the other 50 or so nems that i have in other tanks as there food is digested totally and expelled as stringy mush.......i am worried that this will lead to long term starvation has anyone had this problem and what was the remedy thanks greg

rssjsb
07/07/2009, 08:04 PM
Are these BTAs? I would try something else - chopped table shrimp, squid, or even frozen mysis.

Toddrtrex
07/07/2009, 08:09 PM
That is one of the reasons I stopped using sliversides, seemed that my anemones wouldn't fully digest them. I use krill now.

NirvanaFan
07/09/2009, 10:34 AM
I use a mixture of clam, squid, shrimp, scallop, tuna, and any other raw seafood I can get at the grocery store. Chop it up into 1/8" pieces and feed with a turkey baster. You can freeze it into thin pieces and break off and thaw pieces as necessary.

Jamie1210
07/09/2009, 12:39 PM
my BTAs do eat silversides from time to time, but i've had some in the past that did not like them. also, just from what i've noticed, seems that they prefer other food choices to silversides (ie. PE mysis, and table shrimp) ... to me, silversides always feel a bit too bony, so maybe that's why?