PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from Just Rare Fish?

coral_lagoon
07/08/2009, 01:33 AM
I was curious if anyone ordered,or have any positive feedbacks with this online fish store. Seems that alot of their livestock are exotics, and show size..

http://www.justrarefish.com/

wickedfish
07/08/2009, 01:41 AM
No, but very interesting. The Conspiculatus Angel Fish is awsome. Im going to ask around about this website and live stock.

LukFox
07/08/2009, 01:51 AM
There have been a couple bad reviews with them, but others have had good experiences. I got my dwarf eel and Brazilian dragon eel from them and they arrived 100% healthy. The only thing is their live arrival guarantee isn't too good. You only have one hour after arrival to report a dead fish. If it dies from shipping stress after two hours, you're out of luck...

coral_lagoon
07/08/2009, 02:18 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15322717#post15322717 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wickedfish
No, but very interesting. The Conspiculatus Angel Fish is awsome. Im going to ask around about this website and live stock.

Alot of change for that fish. Good luck and keep us posted..

CL

michael_cb_125
07/08/2009, 05:48 AM
This website is for sale.

I was going to order from him, when he was up and running. But after talking to him over the phone, I decided not to.

~Michael

Saltdog813
07/08/2009, 06:06 AM
Im still new to the game of salt but I have been looking at this site for awhile and they have everythign I want just enough to get me in trouble and then some!! HA HA lmao www.liveaquaria.com

sean A.
07/08/2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah live aquaria is a good site to order from. Divers Den is also a good one too. You can get that one from Live Aquaria's home page.

Recty
07/08/2009, 03:12 PM
I've ordered from just rare fish, I wasnt particularly impressed. My goldheart trigger came from them, this was back before the big surge of them hit the market a couple months back.

The water came in cold, the fish looked dead, I called the guy and he said who cares, that's how they get them from their wholesaler and they are a tough fish.

I'm a big fan of the idea that just because a fish can recover from something, doesnt mean that is the way to handle them. I'm sure it weakened the fish and if it was a less hardy fish, it could really have caused problems down the road.

This guy basically didnt care and said too bad, and by the way, the arrive alive guarantee doesnt mean they have to arrive alive and healthy, just alive. They can be barely kicking but if you even see a gill flutter, then it's your fish.

Anyway, I wouldnt buy from there again. Service wasnt great, pricing wasnt great, shipping was the most expensive I've paid yet...

espocrespo
07/09/2009, 12:50 AM
im sure i read somewhere that this company was up for sale.

but dont quote me on that

agreeive?fish
07/09/2009, 10:49 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15328476#post15328476 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by espocrespo
im sure i read somewhere that this company was up for sale.

but dont quote me on that

it was posted on just rare fish not long ago but then the last time i was there it wasnt posted..

T-T-Trigger
07/10/2009, 02:34 PM
I ordered from him (an almost $500 order) and got exactly what I ordered. Unfortunately he does not have a shipping contract with any company - so 20% of what you pay will be shipping. But if you can't find it anywhere else, don't sweat ordering from him - you will get a good fish. Caveat: no financial connection, and everyone makes mistakes.