PDA

View Full Version : Question about upgrade from 120 to 180

Finsky
07/08/2009, 11:23 PM
I am moving from a 120 gallon 5'Lx'18"Wx26 1/2"H to either a 180 gallon 6'L x 2' x 2' Marineland aquarium with no tempered glass tank or a 180 gallon 6'L x 2' x 2' Aqueon All Glass aquarium with bottom tempered glass. I will be moving two Rena XP4 canisters and two Hagen 110 powerfilters and one hang on setup with a Aqua Medic Turboflotor SL 1000 Multi protein skimmer along with two Hydor Mag 8's (each 3,250 gph) & one Seio 1100 gph for circulation.

Finsky
07/11/2009, 09:27 PM
I have made my decision and tomorrow I will order a black trimmed Aqueon AGA 180 gallon 6'x2'x2' along with Aqueon's plain black pine stand. My present five foot 120 gallon is 16" in from the back load bearing wall and it leans to the front with the front edge 7/16" lower than the back. I am having Aquarium Paradise do the installation with my wife at home to watch. I will leave written instructions as far as where and what corals I have, python for salt mixing along with a 200 gallon box of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals, three 30 gallon plastic trash cans to drain the old water to supplement the containers they have, two 40lb bags of Florida Crushed Coral Substrate, hopefully rinsed before their arrival, a list of my fish, etc.

The installers will come to do the switch out around a week after the tank's approximate arrival this coming Thursday and put a glossy black background to cover hanging wires and tubes. The owner told me they would probably put a 6'Lx5"Wx1/2"T piece of plywood under the front edge of the stand. Any thought on tank frame shimming over rugs?