PDA

View Full Version : ATO pump

tank o tang
07/09/2009, 08:25 PM
I need an ato pump and remember someone at one of the meetings mentioned an aqua lifter pump. If I read right the website says it can pump 3ft. How much head do you have yours pumping? Looking to go at least 6ft if I put the ato container in the stand but thinking I'd rather put it in the basement and have it pump up about 12ft. Why so high? If in the stand I'd like to pump it into the overflow (for anti-siphon reasons) but if in the basement it could go into the sump. Any other suggestions? Do you think if I pressurized the container with a small air pump it will work at this height?

Wheel of Time
07/09/2009, 09:31 PM
Im not sure if an aqua-lifter would work, but honestly dont know. I use a dosing pump for my ato needs (bot used here in rc) it would def work. just depends on how much you are looking to spend. what is your budget?

sedor
07/09/2009, 09:36 PM
Why not just use a regular pump with a valve to dial down the flow if you need to.

tank o tang
07/09/2009, 09:53 PM
Definitely don't have the cash to get a doser. I do have a mag7 that I can put to use if I do the basement thing. Hmm

sedor
07/09/2009, 10:05 PM
Sounds like that should probably work.