PDA

View Full Version : Large Sumpless Reef

wrestle1952
07/10/2009, 11:03 AM
Does anyone out there have a large sumpless reef that is SPS dominated? I consider large anything above 100 gallons. I have had a great deall of success with my 50 gallon sumpless but want to get a bigger tank. My corals are growing too big and too fast for my current 50 gallon

Amoore311
07/10/2009, 11:17 AM
If its working for you in a 50 Gallon, I don't see why you couldn't go it in a larger tank.

Most people would probably prefer to use a sump with all the equipment needed. But like I said, I don't see how your success could change if upgrade to a larger tank.

wrestle1952
07/10/2009, 12:37 PM
I don't use a lot of equipment at all. I don't use a fuge and have a Hagen Aquaclear with ChemiPure Elite and Nitrazorb. I try to keep things as simple as possible and am not a gadget freak (at least with my reef) at all. Good skimmer, good light, good water quality and calcium supplementation. I use two part calcium. I am amazed at people that feel you need this controller, that doser, water toppers, etc to have a successful reef. My only reason for going with a sump on a bigger tank is if I need a bigger skimmer.