PDA

View Full Version : sexy shrimp

SAZAMA
07/11/2009, 02:47 PM
Where in RC would I post A question about a sexy shrimp? do they have a specific diet? How much Waterflow?ect...

hitachi753
07/11/2009, 02:49 PM
there is no dedicated spot to talk about shrimp. However sexy shrimp like most shrimp are scavangers and will eat just about any food you feed, water flow is not that important as long as there is some.

EllieSuz
07/11/2009, 03:03 PM
These are a nice species to acquire. They are not reclusive and I can find my three any time of the day. They eat what they find, although now and then they jump on my feeder wand and steal a tasty morsel. I haven't noticed that flow bothers them in any way...they just hang on. If you get some, (It's recommended you get more than one) let me know how they work out in your tank.

jer77
07/11/2009, 08:11 PM
Yes, most important to get at least 2-3. I bought 3 and ended up with 2 for a while that lived in my rock/flower anemone. Be careful introducing them into your tank by turning pumps down/off. They will wander around individually for a while, maybe disappear for a little bit, but then they will all gather together on a prime location. They eat really anything they find, you don't need to worry about feeding them daily. They molt like all shrimp so they need good iodine levels to do this-usually not a problem. They don't live all that long, maybe a year.