PDA

View Full Version : Need Zeovit help/better explanation...

smstrick20
07/11/2009, 03:38 PM
Hey so I have surfed around and understand the basic prinvipals of the zeo system but would like a better explanation of the benefits from some of you who are using it, and also by having it what other processes have you eliminated by using the zeo system? Thanks

ReefWreak
07/11/2009, 03:42 PM
Zeo is a glorified carbon dosing system. The secret is out, and people are having success without the need for their expensive additives.

That being said, I've been trying it on and off for a few months. It really didn't make THAT much of a difference versus just standard vodka dosing. I do believe that if run consistently and heavily, it can do more than just vodka dosing, but by more, I mean it can strip your tank of more nutrients than otherwise attainable without them.

My opinion on the best setup? Vodka dosing with a great skimmer, a way to consistently keep your alk/ca in check, and stability stability stability!

Also IME 20k bulbs help too :p

29reef
07/11/2009, 05:43 PM
I don't mean to take away from this thread or from reefcentral members, but maybe you should try the zeovit forum? You would have a better chance to grasp first hand experiences.